Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via AIM to jumbaaa
Can it be done?

Ok so I planning in a couple weeks to take my 29 gallon reef and add a sump and GFO/ Carbon Reactor, fuge bring it up a step....
My question is that my design has everything going from the 29 gallon below where it will be broken up into chambers, and then the Fuge in the center. In addition I will have all my things I E reactors, skimmers and then works down there (make the tank look neater)
I was wondering though, I have a spare 10 gallon laying around with a stand and a light.. looking so lonesome and empty.... I have the rock and sand spare..... Would there be a problem with the two tanks, share the sump (it is big enough for a 75 gallon deal) and then turn the 10 gallon into a FOWLR tank?

I also plan on UV lights to keep the risk of infection down.

jumbaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Ya you can do multiple tanks on the same sump just take extra caution towards pests and disease since you'll effect two tanks not just one

Mrc8858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Yes it would work, however unless you already have a QT I would use the 10 gal for that purpose. If used as a QT you cannot use the same sump tho, if that makes any sense.
JustinKBreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
I have this. 150 and a 20 on a 55 gallon sump. No problems.
crister13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com