Can someone help me??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rich440

Aquarium Advice Activist
My corals were nice lookin when I bought them
Then I put em in my tank an grew nice and looked even better then when I bought them and now they don't look all that great
I can't figure out what's up
some look fine but some others aren't poppin like they were
I posted a pic of what one looked like a day or 2 ago and what it looks like now
Please then me what's wrong

Attachments

• image-2954148685.jpg
    image-2954148685.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 106
  • image-1455581219.jpg
    image-1455581219.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 114
Rich440 said:
My corals were nice lookin when I bought them
Then I put em in my tank an grew nice and looked even better then when I bought them and now they don't look all that great
I can't figure out what's up
some look fine but some others aren't poppin like they were
I posted a pic of what one looked like a day or 2 ago and what it looks like now
Please then me what's wrong

Parameters??

They dont seem to happy. Hard to tell by a picture but seems like you don't have much light in that tank. Like already asked what lighting do you have and a full parameter reading will help to (ammo, nitrIte, nitrate, ph, alk, mag, cal, salinity) lastly are you using Ro/Di water or tap?

All parameters are dead on perfect for a reef tank

I'm using coralife pc's and have this coral as high as I can get him which still isn't working
All my other corals are just fine but this guy seems to be. Doin bad

Those are zoanthids I had a few in my reef tank too they did that sometimes when they weren't getting the right nutrients go to your LFS and ask for some coral supplements I hope this helps

I'd say lighting. The tank looks a bit dim to me. You say your running power compacts how many? Do you have any blues in there. Believe it or not most corals will thrive will a full spectrum of lighting not just white light.

I think I got that right...

Thx y'all

Imma get some nutrition for them and figure a way to just run full lighting 12 hours a day and led the other 12 hours

Those are zoanthids I had a few in my reef tank too they did that sometimes when they weren't getting the right nutrients go to your LFS and ask for some coral supplements I hope this helps

I dont see zoo's in that picture. Looks like acans to me. I agree the tanks seems kind of dark. Normal Compact flourescent are not bright enough for most corals.

Rich440 said:
Thx y'all

Imma get some nutrition for them and figure a way to just run full lighting 12 hours a day and led the other 12 hours

Don't add nutrients unless you've tested for that specific nutrient and know how much to dose. Overdosing can lead to bigger problems then you have now.

Ya I'm aware but ill prolly just take this one back to my buddy's shop and get something else since all my other corals are doing fine

Attachments

• image-157158732.jpg
    image-157158732.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 88
  • image-1362875884.jpg
    image-1362875884.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 86
  • image-3126745112.jpg
    image-3126745112.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 82
  • image-3405221280.jpg
    image-3405221280.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 87
Ya I acclimated the new corals and I'm using a coralife pc lighting system

It's only one coral that's giving me troubles
All the others a great

All is good
I put my coral up higher and left the daytime and atinic blue bulbs on as we'll he he bloomed fantastic

Attachments

• image-1764475805.jpg
    image-1764475805.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 85
Back
Top Bottom