Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
can someone help with my cyano problem

Ive had my tank for a coyple months now and it initially went threw its new tank syndrome and cyano outbroke but it went away and then I had some coraline algae start up and everything was going well but I didnt have a sump so about three weeks ago I emptied my tank drilled wholes and plumbed a 30g sump to it
And now I have a huge cyano out break is it just going threw the new tank prosses I was only able to save about 55g out of my 75g display of previous water so is it just going threw a new tank syndrone again is it my feeding habbits I feed about half a defrosted cube of mysis shrimp a day with a flame angel and two clowns
I plan on putting in a biopellet reactor in the next couplw days could that help?

ngit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Erythromycin is the best way to completely get rid of it.

Watch Your Fish Closely, And They Will Teach You Something Everyday.
Warmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
you can use products specifically made for this, one is chemiclean, and red slime remover
Nosaj81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com