Can the test kit be used for both?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
Have an api fw test kit, but i am starting a sw tank. Can i use the test kit for both tanks, fw and sw? Is there a different chart i can print out for it? If so, where? Thanks!

Gboy66 said:
Have an api fw test kit, but i am starting a sw tank. Can i use the test kit for both tanks, fw and sw? Is there a different chart i can print out for it? If so, where? Thanks!

Yes you can if you get a new set of cards, I emailed API the same question when I first changed and they sent me a new set, free of charge. The PH test is the only one you'll need to renew.

cjbaker said:
Yes you can if you get a new set of cards, I emailed API the same question when I first changed and they sent me a new set, free of charge. The PH test is the only one you'll need to renew.

What did you say to api?

No not to kits, ammonia seperately, nitrate seperately , nitrate seperately
Supra

I just asked API the same question "I have a fresh water test kit and I'm changing to a sw set up, are any of the fw test ok for sw" some guy replied with the answer i gave and asked for my address. New cards arrived 2 days later. Sorted ;-)

cjbaker said:
I just asked API the same question "I have a fresh water test kit and I'm changing to a sw set up, are any of the fw test ok for sw" some guy replied with the answer i gave and asked for my address. New cards arrived 2 days later. Sorted ;-)

Thank you cjbaker! Heck, i might even copy and paste this into the email! Lol!

Now, every test works for the saltwater tank?

Edit: also, do you need to use different test tubes for sw/fw tanks? Coul i use the same as long as i clean them really well?

cjbaker said:
Yes same test tubes will be fine. Remember the PH test is one you will need to buy separately. The fw one didn't give the correct reading with the new cards.

Ok cool ill get one!

Back
Top Bottom