Candycane coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a birdsnest is one of the most tolerant sps out there. A good place to start, but again, i'd test it with cheap frags first.

Wow nice.. I really can't wait to frag corals! That is probably the thing I will like second to most. The other being the tank in general.

I'm curious, do you think the crappy workmanship on that fixture actually makes that much difference? I know it does when you get into individual reflectors and the such but I had 2 arcoporas growing under my 30" fixture and they did quite well. I did have them half way up to the light though, do you think thats why I had better luck? In fact I bleached a brightly colored brain coral to death under my lights and he was on the substrate.

Just curious not being argumentative. :-D

Actually, yes. I believe I posted it somewhere else that the reflectors they use aren't good, and the ballasts they use don't work up to the power they're advertised at. Added someone posted that you have to buy their bulbs since they don't use common sizes, which means you can't use ATI or Giessman bulbs which means less power.

So how big are your bulbs? My 55g has 48" bulbs and the 29g has 24" inch bulbs. Arent those standard size?

I was kinda considering getting another fixture by odyssea and was curious if the bulb size thing was true. lol I know they arent great but they are cheap!

LOL I've heard that too. I don't think I'd recommend that one to anyone . I just like that its decent and cheap. call me a fool. :-D

Well then I stand corrected, regardless the ballast and reflector issue is enough to turn me away.

I just don't like the stigma around them and the history they have, I'd rather spend a bit extra and never have to worry and know in my mind I have a quality fixture.

I'm not trying to start a war over fixtures in any sense, I know this isn't the thread I was just trying to have wolf spend the money on one fixture and not have to worry and be done

Well then I stand corrected, regardless the ballast and reflector issue is enough to turn me away.

I just don't like the stigma around them and the history they have, I'd rather spend a bit extra and never have to worry and know in my mind I have a quality fixture.

I'm not trying to start a war over fixtures in any sense, I know this isn't the thread I was just trying to have wolf spend the money on one fixture and not have to worry and be done

LOL I'm just trying to get my facts straight before I buy another one. :-D

Thanks for your opinion though, it carries weight with me.

Back
Top Bottom