Canister Filters.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mreatci

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 75 gallon glass non drilled saltwater tank. Right now I am running a Aquaclear 110 with a Aquaclear surface skimmer attachment. I also have but do not run a Eshopps 100h protein skimmer. I don't get enough skimmate to run it full time. The tank was start in late November 2014. Right now I have 2-Damsels 2-Clowns 2-PJ Cardinals 1-Yellow Tang 2-Emerald Crabs 2-Skunk Shrimp 2-Conks plus small CUC. Tank clarity is ok but feel like it could be better. I looking I feel like the Aquaclear maybe returning dirty water back to the tank. I am looking at the fluval G6 and the Eheim Ultra G160 Pro S 2075. I am also starting to like the Rapids pro series. Reviews online of both of these are really good or really bad. Would like to know everyone's thoughts and if there is something else I should look at.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Do you have live rock in the tank? The canister filter may do more harm than good... if you have any live rock I'd kill the filter and just run the skimmer.

I have about 50 pounds of LR and maybe 30-40 ponds of LS. Will give the skimmer a try and see what happens.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom