can't find Nemo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimberly

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Husband came home with two clown fish today. We put both in the tank (92 gal) and now can only see one. Any ideas of where he could be? We have lots of live rock, two chromis and one dead anemone :cry: in there, so I am pretty sure he didn't get eaten.

Thanks,
Kimberly

kimberly said:
Husband came home with two clown fish today. We put both in the tank (92 gal) and now can only see one. Any ideas of where he could be? We have lots of live rock, two chromis and one dead anemone :cry: in there, so I am pretty sure he didn't get eaten.

Thanks,
Kimberly

Sorry to hear that...do you have a cover on the tank? We lost a clown who jumped out of the tank through a very small hole a few days ago. I read about another guy whose maroon clown did the same thing...and now your clown. If you have a "cleanup crew", and a fish dies, combined with the lr you may never see a trace of him. At least that was our experience with one of our casualties several months ago.

its probibly hiding in the rock somewhere. My clowns were timid the first but they became much more active quickly.

If you anenome is truely dead, please take it out. the amonia released from the dying carcass will kill your fish.

by the way...

:invasion: WELCOME TO AQUARIUM ADVICE!!! :invasion:

Yes - if your tanks is not huge and you have flat-top floors(not carpet) I had the same thing happen when I came home from work one day. Get your husband to slowly slide the tank from the wall and then get just enough arm room to get a flashlight back there. Took me about TWENTY minutes to find him! Poor little guy was behind a smaller rock dead. I had to move 2 rocks but I got him. Hopefully he is just hiding due to the new environment. :)

Husband isn't convinced the anemone is dead, but hopefully will accept the fact tomorrow. :roll: We have searched all around the outside and clown doesn't seem to have jumped out. We will keep looking, hopefully he is just timid like suggested.

Thanks for the welcome, hope to learn a lot here.

Kimberly

I agree with the others. Check the floor around the tank, it could have jumped out. If not, give it time. The clown may just be hiding.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom