Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-24-2005, 12:59 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yep, it seems like your glass top is adding to you temp issue by not letting your tank cool down by evaporation.

klam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 02:07 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

The glass covers the entire top except for about 3 - 4 inches in the back which I have covered with those plastic "slip-on" strips that attach to the glass. I just cut the openings I needed for my skimmer, canister, etc but did not leave any room for anything to jump out.
I'll show my ignorance here and just say I'm not positive what you all mean by "eggcrate". Is it something I would purchase at the lfs or at HD?
I also have a wooden canopy that matches my stand so I don't really care what it looks like under there.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:47 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Sorry, it is a perforated plastic covering for office lights and such. HD has it in their lighting section. You just cut a piece to the size of the opening. Air gets out, but not the jumpers.
Quote:
I also have a wooden canopy that matches my stand so I don't really care what it looks like under there.
This may be your solution then.

Tags
drop, water temp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com