Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Activist

Can't wait to see the aquascape on this

Old 07-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I took one decent size rock from the 125g and got all the tonga branch in. Kinda just feeling out how it looks, it's kinda a low rockscape but that's kinda what I wanted. Lots of places for shrimp and inverts to hang and crawl on and under. I was kinda hoping the tonga would be taller LOL, but I like it overall.

For those who may order it from BRS in the future be warned it has some dried up small spots of life, so I kinda expect a small ammonia spike within the next couple days.

Here are the photos of where the tank is at now. Needs work I think but it's a start.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:55 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Activist

I like, can't wait to see this tank come along. So with the small ammonia spike how Long you thinking till you get some stuff in the tank
Old 07-02-2012, 11:58 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Well it's been cycling for almost two weeks so I figure another week to make sure all is well. I'd like to start with some hermits and snails and maybe a couple peppermint shrimp. The fire shrimp I want are pretty pricey so I wanna wait to make sure they will be ok.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:13 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's great! I I cant wait to see how this goes. Not sure about anemones under stock lights, but I completely understand what you mean, they are super expensive. The tonga looks nice, is it dense? I've had a fire shrimp, It was one of my favorite livestock purchases. He used to crawl on my fingers and gently pick at the skin on my fingers. I'd be careful with one and an anemone though.
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:13 AM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Looks good so far. Would le to see how the tank grows. Yeah!!
Old 07-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

It's tank update day! lol

This tank is cycled and ready to go. I added another live rock from my refugium to the tank so now I have like 10lbs of tonga base and about 7 lbs of live rock. So far I have one snail and some bristle starfish in the tank.

Still up in the air about what I want to put in the tank though. I've thought clown fish maybe, as the only fish, like percula's or maybe some picassos if the price is right. I think the only anemone I want will be a red bubble tip as well. An anemone tank would have been cool but I think a single nem will be better in the long run.

Hoping to get out this week or next at the latest and getting some critters. Tired of looking at an empty tank. lol
Old 07-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think with a 30 gal, the rbta alone would be the safest choice. I think the Picassos are going for cheaper than usual on liveaquaria, but I could be wrong. They are definitely worth it, they're really pretty.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I am planning on ordering this week and stocking this tank.

I know I was on the fence with getting fish but I have decided to get some. lol

So, I am looking at ordering the following:

orange spot prawn goby
candycane pistol shrimp
yellow head jawfish
6 scarlet hermits
10 astrea snails
1 or 2 emerald crabs
fire shrimp

I was also looking at the 2 spot or signal goby. I know they require a sandbed just not sure if i wanna take the chance of him starving. :-( Any input would be appreciated.

Also got the tunze powerhead in the tank today, seems like a lot more flow than the koralia 425 I had and it's only like 50gph more with the tunze. So far, the new powerhead is a winner in my book. I had debated a mp10 but I think that would be total overkill in my tank so I'm pretty happy with what I got.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sounds great! One thing though, you say the two spot requires a sandbed.. So does the yellowhead jawfish. Actually, jawfish require a deep sand bed. They bury themselves in the sand, leaving only their head out.

Tags
29 gallon, cube, remodel

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com