Careys' 29g Cube Remodel!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
So I went and did a little local shopping today instead of ordering everything at once like I planned. lol

I picked up:
2 emerald crabs
2 bright red fiddler crabs
6 astreas
20 blue hermits
Also grabbed a large frag of lunar eclipse zooas, couldnt resist. lol

The jawfish is still in hiding too, I can just see his head sticking out, cool to see but not at all active. I ordered some fish for next week too from the LFS, I am getting a candycane pistol shrimp and an orange spot goby to go with it. They should be in on tuesday and i will hopefully pick them up Friday. :)

Still thinking of what else to add to the tank.....I do wanna give the tank a chance to settle in though too so I probably wont get any more fish until next month. I was thinking of designer clowns or perculas if I am low on cash lol. Have no idea what else I could add though. It's gotta be small and active so I'm coming up empty as far as ideas. hehe...

I recently picked up a pair of mocha clowns that are relatively inexpensive. I love the coloring! It's similar to juvenile black & white clowns

I had a set of mochas in my 125g for a time. They were really active little fish and pleasant too. lol Unfortunately both of mine jumped a few months ago. I seem to have an issue with clowns jumping out of that tank, that was the third set so i no longer put clowns in there. :-(

But I do have two percula b&w clowns in my 60g and they are sooo nasty. They bite and attack me if I even put a finger in the water. Still not sure what to do about that, was even debating putting them back in this cube.

The jawfish has been evicted from his huge underground compound by the red fiddler crab and an emerald crab. :-( He was sitting curled up in the back corner before, hoping the crabs didn't hurt him. The emeralds are small and being reclusive but the fiddlers are all over the place, I had not run across them before and the lfs said they would be friendly hope he wasnt lying. lol

I also added the hermits and astreas to the 60g, I think that tank needs them more right now. Can not wait to get my order next week of the pistol and goby. I really really hope those two pair up, the ones in my 125g have never paired in almost 2 years of being together.

Well thats it for now i guess, thanks everyone for reading my long posts. I just get carried away talking about fish and stuff LOL

I've only seen red fiddlers in brackish setups and I've heard they can climb out of the tank very easily, I don't know much more though. This tank is coming together vert quickly!

I finally got what I have been wanting for almost two years!! i got a fire shrimp!! He is very cool but is hiding in the back of the rock right now, hope he will get used to the tank and come out more. lol Got him for $24 which is a deal around here so I am pleased. :)

So for now it's just the shrimp and the jawfish in here with the various clean up crew. I have also stocked it to the brim just about with frags, now just have to wait and see what grows.

Here is a shot of my new buddy, he is so darn red it's amazing! Also linking some other pictures of the tank, not great ones but you can get the idea.

img_2079565_0_ef5375d329834158d0e2693fc908d70b.jpg

img_2079565_1_1e687d5ccfe00897d5385a4dc307a01f.jpg

img_2079565_2_d6e417b9d2fb92e657add832b950e701.jpg

img_2079565_3_89532119671070bb86a91783dcbc90aa.jpg

Wow! That shrimp is a lot more red than the ones I've seen around here. He's cool!! :) I have a 55 and I think I have maybe half number of snails that I see in your tank!! ;) maybe I need more?

carey said:
I finally got what I have been wanting for almost two years!! i got a fire shrimp!! He is very cool but is hiding in the back of the rock right now, hope he will get used to the tank and come out more. lol Got him for $24 which is a deal around here so I am pleased. :)

So for now it's just the shrimp and the jawfish in here with the various clean up crew. I have also stocked it to the brim just about with frags, now just have to wait and see what grows.

Here is a shot of my new buddy, he is so darn red it's amazing! Also linking some other pictures of the tank, not great ones but you can get the idea.

Love the fireshrimp thats a very good price when their available around here its like 40$

Back
Top Bottom