Carey's 40b Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Carey, when you're out at that pet place make sure to check out the stingray petting tank and if you go all the way back to the rear left hand corner of the building there is the discount tank room, there's usually a variety of goodies to be found

They had a 1,000 gallon tank in there last time I went. The petting pool is awesome though, definitely check it out

i saw the stingrays petting area on their website. lol Looks liker I could spend the whole day there hehe

I'm all about the discount section, will be sure to look for it, thanks for the tip!

Last time I grabbed something from the discount room it was a coralife calcium reactor 500 model it was @ $50 after 65% off, I know their reviews aren't great bu for $50 bucks I thought I give it a try

I went to TFP about a month ago and wasn't that impressed with their sw fish selection. Maybe I went on a bad day but they didn't have much. Coral prices were kinda high too. We have a place down here near me called Pacific East Aquaculture. By far the best coral place I have ever seen in my life. If anybody is within a few hour drive should definitley check it out. They also have an awesome website but I tend to spend at least a couple hours there every other Saturday morning!

I went to TFP about a month ago and wasn't that impressed with their sw fish selection. Maybe I went on a bad day but they didn't have much. Coral prices were kinda high too. We have a place down here near me called Pacific East Aquaculture. By far the best coral place I have ever seen in my life. If anybody is within a few hour drive should definitley check it out. They also have an awesome website but I tend to spend at least a couple hours there every other Saturday morning!

I like pacificeast but all their sps corals are kept in low nutrient tanks. They tend to be pale and I've never been able to keep them alive when I get them. I was just there last weekend and they must have had an issue as their corals weren't looking as good as usual. But I do agree it is a fantastic store and their prices are very fair compared to tfp

Went with my husband to that fish place today. It was pretty neat, only took about an hour and a half to get there, did not get any livestock though . I didnt wanna transport fish and the corals were all on the small side and expensive. Was really disappointed. But they do have a very cool facility, stuff for the kids to do like the live stingrays you can touch. :)
They had a decent selection of fish, alot of tangs and damsels from what I could see.
I did pick up some dry goods though, got a filter sock mount for the 60g for like $20 instead of thr $40 I had been seeing elsewhere. The back discount room was filled with skimmers but I am not actually actively looking for one so no go back there. lol

Sending you a pm MrX, see what you are up to for tomorrow :)

Here are some shots of the store, they had aisles and aisles of fish stuff. I didnt even know where to begin lol

I'm in central md. The trip is only 1.5 hours for me though. Btw nice pics Carey!

I'm pretty new to the hobby so any good stores in eastern/ central PA with nice coral at decent prices would be great. Any reef clubs around?

I like to hit the pet shack on rt 309, really nice mom and pop place where the whole family is involved, also farther north in Scranton there's a shop I went to before they opened to buy a used skimmer, they didn't have any livestock in yet but each side of the store was lined with tanks and in the middle they were setting up an island of 3-4 60 gallon shallow reef tanks, I may have to go back soon just to check on progress

Yeah...just like I said, the store is awesome, but the livestock prices are not that awesome. I saw 2.5" clams there offered for $150.00. Crazy since I know they are buying them for 30 bucks or so. It's the same at my local stores. better dry goods than livestock. Why do you think I didn't give up my wholesale license? ;)

Picked up some new fish for this tank! Been about 2-3 weeks since I added anything so it should be good. :)

Got a pair of perc clown, they were on sale for a little over $10 each so a great bargain as well.

They are float acclimating right now, here is a shot of my new babies!

Did you get them at Poseidon? I got a pair of snowflake clowns

I was up in longwood, kinda outside orlando so we stopped into Oceans Direct. They had sent me an email about the deals and we went for cuban food around the block so it was nice and close, I had no excuse not to get a pair. :)

I was in poseidon last week but didnt get anything i dont think. lol Hard to walk outta that store NOT getting something lol

Took some more shots of the tank. :) And the new clowns as well, they seem to be adapting well so far. Really hope I have no issues with em. Got a shot of the elusive hawkfish as well and a photo of my newest cinnamon paly, its single polyp is the size of a square coral disc. Thing is huge! lol

Lovin the pics it really seems to be coming along nicely, and I have a question not related to this but you mentioned a spot feeding gel before, did you ever get any product info on that?

Back
Top Bottom