Carey's 40b Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, lets see if I can link the video. lol

Took two tries with the iphone to upload it, I much prefer my regular camera, next time!

40 breeder reef - YouTube

Nice video, I love those cute little Clowns! My Clown has been naughty, he somehow got in the return compartment of the cube! Boy, was that a blast catching him! Lol
Congrats on getting an iPhone! I don't know I'd you remember but I am a little iPhone crazy myself. :) If you ever need help, let me know! (I am not sure about the blue though, sorry :( ) Which iPhone did you get?

I am running the bulk reef supply 5 stage deluxe ro/di unit with an extra membrane, so I get over 150gpd outta mine. But then again most people dont need as much water as I do. lol

Hey, red :) I can just watch those silly little clowns for hours, I have always had a spot in my heart for those little buggers. I missed having baby clowns, I;d forgotten how cute they were. lol
I may need some iphone help, this is my first one and I am still learning. Seems very very simple though which I like. I am getting some serious phone hate from friends though, I guess you either love em or hate them. lol Now to just figure out the settings and I may be doing better. haha

An update on the almost re-starting 60g cube! The stand I have been promised will be available for pickup tomorrow sometime. Its about fricking time I say, ordered it before christmas. But i am also planning on going up to Orlando afterwards and getting two new tangs for the 180g and we'll just see what else they have. :)

I really like the simplicity of iPhones too. Sometimes too much customization can get stressful! :)

I am so glad you are getting the stand....time for the restart!! Yes, do keep us updated on any new fish acquisitions; I am overdue for a fish shopping trip soon, until then I shall live vicariously! :)

Hi Carey! Its been a few years since we last chatted here, I hope you're well :) if I can add my 2cents worth regarding the blue light issue with camera phones. Unfortunately its a white balance issue that can only really be solved by doind a pre-set white balance using a DSLR. Phone cams don't have this ability and tend to see most lights with a blue hue, especially aquarium lights. Annoying lol

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Actually I stand corrected, my phone has several white balance settings, yours might too. Try eachbone till the white balance is correct then you can put your sunglasses down ;)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks kenny, I need to play with the phone and see what it has available. Still havent had a chance to get to it. lol

I am running the new orbit led's over the 40b right now and am quite impressed with them so far. Keep in mind the 40 is a somewhat shallow tank so the medium light level seems to be working out. I also had to tone the intensity down from 100% to 60%, I started burning the edges of my stunner chalice.

I did not get my stand today for the 60g rimless. Waaaay too much rain to transport it in the back of a pickup truck for the time it would take to get it back here so I am again, with no stand. :-(

Waaaay too much rain to transport it in the back of a pickup truck for the time it would take to get it back here so I am again, with no stand. :-(

Man, you guys had the bad rain too! It stopped me from getting a 40b stand. Tornado warnings all over. Dang Florida.

Yeah it was so bad over here, couldnt even see the road. Didnt wanna chance the half hour plus drive in the rain with the new stand.

Just chatted with the lfs guy and now I cant pick it up til Thursday it seems. I am hoping we can make other arrangements. Dont wanna wait that long LOL

I'm sorry about the stand; we have rain too, the whole weekend! LOL I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can get the stand sooner than Thursday, but if not, Thursday will be here before you know it! :D

The stand for the 40b was custom made by the guy I bought the setup from. It was brand new, he just never got around to setting it up. I paid $80 for both the tank and stand.
The 60g rimless stand that I am waiting on was custom made by amazing aquariums in daytona beach. He usually does monster setups, very niche shop, lol, but he supposedly made an awesome one for me, I still havent seen it. I know its supposed to be 36 inches tall which is a whole foot taller than the deep blue stand that came with the 60g. I might add the deep blue stand started to fall apart after about a year, not a very good stand in my opinion, looks nice but not durable. :-(

Made a stop at poseidon in daytona today and of course walked out with stuff. lol

Picked up a pixie hawk fish for the 40b and a yellow coris wrasse for the 180g. Just got home so they are acclimating now. :)
will snap some shots soon, the pixie is so adorable!

Does Florida have some nice sw/reef shops? Would it be worth a trip to check them out?

I really like them both! The Hawk is very cute, and the Coris has such beautiful coloring!

Thanks guys, :) I just added them and they are doing fine so far. No one is bothering them that I can see.

jjh302: There are some decent shops, the better ones are in orlando though. Where are you located?

I'm on the ocean in Delaware. Southwest Airlines is offering 99 dollar round trip to Orlando from Baltimore. (Which is only like a tad over an hour drive for me.).

Back
Top Bottom