Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-10-2014, 05:14 PM   #371
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
lol, you know I have no idea really what i want to do with the 60g......

It will have the radion led over it so I was toying with, just thinking "maybe" I would do an SPS tank. I plan on cementing the rocks together so I can make a very tall rockscape as the tank is two feet deep and has a really good footprint. Then I thought I could glue all sorts of sps frags on the rocks going all the way up to the top. It wont look like much at first but if it takes off it will look awesome one day. LOL

There is a possibility! So many options!

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:55 AM   #372
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Big day today!
Picked up a nice medium - large yellow Tang and a large orange shoulder tang!!! They went into the 180g this evening, had to shut the lights down as the tomini was chasing the poor yellow. :-( The orange shoulder ate like a pig minutes after being added though and no one seemed to bother him so thats a good thing.

Also picked up a HUGE lobo, its red and was only $40, they had a half price sale today only so I just had to get it.

Pictures to follow tomorrow after the lights come on.

Thanks for reading my endless posts guys!

Old 04-11-2014, 10:08 AM   #373
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Big day today!
Picked up a nice medium - large yellow Tang and a large orange shoulder tang!!! They went into the 180g this evening, had to shut the lights down as the tomini was chasing the poor yellow. :-( The orange shoulder ate like a pig minutes after being added though and no one seemed to bother him so thats a good thing.

Also picked up a HUGE lobo, its red and was only $40, they had a half price sale today only so I just had to get it.

Pictures to follow tomorrow after the lights come on.

Thanks for reading my endless posts guys!
I still can't get over how things have changed with the Tomini, she has gained lots of confidence! I am sure she will come around. That is so exciting about the new Tangs, I can't wait to see the pictures (orange shoulders are so cool too!). It sounds like a good day overall!
Old 04-11-2014, 03:05 PM   #374
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Found the orange shoulder wedged in the rocks just now. :-(

The yellow seems to be fine.

I acclimated for almost an hour too, no idea whats up with the one that died. Not an especially hard tang to keep, but after talking to the store I got him at they said he can be a more difficult tang, almost as bad as the powder blues as they are in the same family.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:50 PM   #375
Aquarium Advice Addict

That is a quick turnaround though. Especially if it was eating right away. I've never had one, but I didn't think they were that difficult.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:21 PM   #376
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I've been thinking about this tang issue for awhile now....I think I may set up the 25 tall I have and get another tang and qt his butt first.
I've also been thinking I may not have enough hideyholes for this many big fish. I have about 30lbs of base rock which I think i may add to make some more caves. I will lose the open space behind the rock formation though and I really liked that they had a raceway to swim in behind the rocks, but I really dont know what else to do at this point. I am getting really tired of losing these expensive fish not to mention the fact that I am killing them somehow.
Think I am on the right track with my thoughts? Let me know....
Old 04-15-2014, 09:43 AM   #377
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I've been thinking about this tang issue for awhile now....I think I may set up the 25 tall I have and get another tang and qt his butt first.
I've also been thinking I may not have enough hideyholes for this many big fish. I have about 30lbs of base rock which I think i may add to make some more caves. I will lose the open space behind the rock formation though and I really liked that they had a raceway to swim in behind the rocks, but I really dont know what else to do at this point. I am getting really tired of losing these expensive fish not to mention the fact that I am killing them somehow.
Think I am on the right track with my thoughts? Let me know....

Hmmm, tough question. It isn't really possible for them to be getting stuck in the rock, is it? So, you were thinking about quarantining this guy to make sure he doesn't die of a disease? And if he comes down with one, you could treat him in that tank. The only thing is....do you think a QT tank would stress a big fish out? People QT big fish all the time though, so it could be okay.

Sorry I wasn't much of a help! I was just typing all my thoughts into a post as they came, lol.

Is the Yellow doing alright?
Old 04-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #378
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hey Red...

Yep, so far so good with the yellow. No more chasing or any aggression, he eats well and seems ok. I am optimistic, I hope this doesnt jinx it. lol

I was thinking QT to make sure it isnt any disease killing the tangs, but the yellow is fine so I have no idea what to do next.

Waiting on the stand for the 60g to come back to me, it was dropped off last week to get it made larger on top so hopefully that will be done soon.

Other wise all the tanks and fish are doing well, no issues other than a little red slime in the 40b which I am working on,. lol
Old 04-15-2014, 10:30 PM   #379
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes, hopefully the stand will arrive soon! I'm am so glad Mr. Yellow is doing well, they are such beautiful fish!
Old 04-27-2014, 01:35 PM   #380
Aquarium Advice Addict

How is everything going with the tanks?
Is that stand treating you well?

Tags
build, care, reef, reef build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com