Carey's 40b Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, there are little screw holes in each corner. Basically, you take the screw and nut that comes with it to hold the cross piece in place and screw it together. Then you take what you just put together, as it will still have more area to get screwed in, and secure it into each corner hole.
You are supposed to cut off the extra...but I didn't due to laziness. Make sure you put that middle piece threw before you put the screws together.

Is this for a hanging kit from ecotech? Or a jimmy rigged setup? I dont think the light is going to come with any screws......

OOOh ok. I guess I will have to wait til Wednesday to see what comes with the light.
Bummer, i was going to order the hanging kit so i had it but if I dont need it then thats good too. :)

Thanks a ton!

Yeah, the picture didnt show the top in detail, so not sure. Guess it will be a surprise. lol

Got the tank drilled, both holes with no problem.

BUT, of course there is a BUT, when moving it out of my car when I got home the edge hit the hatch latch on my car and nicked the corner of the tank. :-((((((

I am getting ready to go to lowes to get a 2 part glass epoxy so I can fill the hole/gouge. Then its a few days of water testing in the garage.

So there is a setback of course. Wish my luck was better.

I am happy everything is squared away and the tank is drilled...the big step is complete! :) I am sure you will do fine with the repair, after all, the 125g held up great with it's little nick.

Just finished with the epoxy and it levelled out pretty well. Just waiting for it to dry now. :)
Hopefully it wont look like crap. lol

Thanks Red, I appreciate your confidence!

Awesome! I can't wait to see the new tank all setup! You have yourself a new project for the spring and summer!

Here are some pictures I took while filling it up for the water test. So far no leaks. :) I think it will be just fine but I will leave it overnight just to be sure.

No leaks overnight so I drained the tank. Managed to get 2 coats of black paint on the back as well.

I'm guessing I will move the tank into place tomorrow. :)

Waiting on dr tims cycling stuff but will probably fill it anyways, add the sand and rick and be prepared for when it comes this week. :)

Radion IN THE HOUSE! woot woot!!

Everything seems to be working fine, all in great condition. :)

Very pleased.

Does anyone know if the wide angle tir lenses would allow the radion to light 36" of tank vs the 24" recommended with the regular lenses?

It didnt come with the cords to hang them. :-( It Did come with the screw in bolts though so I am sure we can hang them. I also have the hanging kit arriving friday. :)

Back
Top Bottom