Carey's 40b Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picked up some new fish for this tank! Been about 2-3 weeks since I added anything so it should be good. :)

Got a pair of perc clown, they were on sale for a little over $10 each so a great bargain as well.

They are float acclimating right now, here is a shot of my new babies!

Love the cute new guys! How are they doing today? My little Clown is sitting next to me....yelling that he needs a new pal. :lol:

I just saw the Hawk! How cool!
It is always a nice treat to see the elusive fish who like to be reclusive....

I've only fed it like three times so far so cant tell if its working or not. I do know it is alot easier to feed this stuff as it is gel like and actually sits on the open polyp to be eaten. Less waste and less that is lost to the water column.

The clowns are doing great so far, they slept together on the left side front corner, kinda nice to be able to see em lol. Usually my clowns stay in the far back corners.

While this tank looks good I am thinking my naso passed over night in the 180g. :-(((
No confirmation yet as the lights are still off but I couldnt find him with a flashlight so I think thats a lost cause.

I've had the same problem with some fish in my tank. They randomly just die. What I think it is, is where my LFS is getting the fish from and how they were cared for. It can also be a disease that the fish has that isn't noticeable until the last few days of the fishes life.

I've had a kole tang randomly die on me, a lyritail anthias die on me for no apparent reason and also a six line wrasse.

yeah it does. I really have no idea what is going on with the tang losses in this tank.

Any ideas X?
No. Maybe the nasos that are coming in lately have been of poor quality. You saw that one at the hidden reef. It looked pretty bad. I would leave them alone for a while.

Carey did u ever get a skimmer? I'm looking for one and would like input . Please and thank you

I'm using the remora right now on this 40b. :) I am in search of a skimmer, in sump, for my 60g tank that I am almost ready to re-start.
What size is your tank and do you have alot of fish? That will help pick a good skimmer for you. :)

I've yet to stock my tank, I've got a 75 gal. Just got a pro flex model 2 sump . Trying to put my pieces in place. Also purchased 2 Hydra lights from aquaillumination.

Nice! I bet you'll be satisfied with the hydras. :)

With that sump I believe you might be somewhat limited as far as space for a skimmer. I have had and continue to have that issue. Do you know how big the skimmer section is?

Do u like those lights? The third chamber is 10x10. Bad ? Good? Hehe

I had the same dimension available and used an eshopps psk150 skimmer. I liked it so much I bought another one for a different tank. lol

I really like the new orbuit lighting, I actually had to turn it down to coral acclimation setting, I burned a little bit of my stunner chalice. I expect them to do well over the long run on this particular tank.

Ok good, my LFS recommend the eshopps. I was looking at the Vortex kinda pricey .

Back
Top Bottom