Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #171
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm quite proud pf myself! I got all the fish out of the 20g and in their new homes. Just have 5 corals that need a home now and I can move forward. I'm hoping to have the 20g rimless all cleaned up today so I can list it on Craigslist this weekend.

here are some shots, first is the now vacant 20g and 2nd is the 10g home away from home for the few fish. ( and a mushroom and a small toadstool)

Old 04-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #172
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice job, sounds like you have been working very hard!

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:12 PM   #173
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

LOL, yep it kinda sucked catching all the fish and setting up the 10g but it's all for the greater good! LOL

I just need 2 2X4's to mount the light bars onto the back of the tank and I can get this show rolling! Stupid stand has a lip that extends over the back wall of the stand so the long bars can't be attached to it without making the area level. grrr.... oh well, kinda figured that would be an issue.

I'm still spending alot of time staring at the empty tank trying to figure out how I am gonna do the rock. I'm thinking high rock at the back and around the overflow and maybe two smaller mounds towards the front. I want alot of sandbed real estate for the corals I wanna put in. I also want a nice open scape for the fish to dart through, in this tank less will be more as far as rock. i took a similar stance with the 90g and really really like the rockwork in there.

Also decided on some chromis for this tank. I was thinking 4 regular blue chromis, maybe 5, not sure yet. But I really think a schooling fish will look great since the rest of my stocking picks will be mostly sandbed or rock fish.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #174
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Wish I lived in Florida so that I could take advantage of your upgrade sales!!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #175
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

LOL, I wish some of you guys lived closer too. I always have tanks for sale. hehe....

Almost have the 20g clean and ready for pictures, forgot about the two peppermints in there so moved them to the biocube.

So far so good. Am debating saving the 4 bulb t5 just in case the leds go out, be nice to have the extra light if I need it. But it would also be nice to have the cash! lol
Old 04-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #176
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Still waiting for the b/f to help me with the lighting LOL. But in the meantime here are some shots of the future inhabitants chilling in the 10g.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #177
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cool! They must be easier to photograph in the 10g than 20g.
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #178
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Just got in from the garage and the lights are mounted and hung!!! Here are some pictures below of the lighting on the cube. They hang a little closer to the water than i would have liked but we could only get them hung like this.

This is the taotronics 120w 3w led panel that is available on ebay and amazon. It looks like it will have decent coverage for the 2 foot by 2 foot tank so two of these units would work well on a 55g or a 75g. My tank is also 2 feet deep and it looks like the light will penetrate to the sandbed sufficiently. I hope so anyway LOL

Just have to scooch the 20g and the biocube and we can move it in the house.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #179
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Looks great. Can't wait to see it filled up!!
Old 04-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #180
Aquarium Advice Addict

Looks great. A tip to get an amazing shimmer is to get a really cheap water pump and place it along the top of the water and the waves will cause the light to disperse everywhere giving you better spread and a super cool shimmer.

Tags
60 gallon, build, cube, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com