Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #201
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sounds good!

That was great planning of leaving the tank 80% full to allow for displacement. I think I may have forgot about that and filled that take all the way up!

I also think that the tank is eye catching, I have never seen one before!

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #202
Aquarium Advice Addict

[QUOTE="carey"]Finally the tank and stand are in place in the living area. It "just" fit between the sliding doors and the windows. lol

Gonna leave the light fixture off the mounts for now so I can add the sand, water and rock and have room to work.

Here is where it will be sitting, the biocube thats to the right will hopefully get sold soon as I get the critters moved to this tank.

i like the tank! It looks really clean, and so does the one next to it! Lol if i had as many tanks as you they would all probably look messy. Great job!

Old 04-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #203
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Finally the tank and stand are in place in the living area. It "just" fit between the sliding doors and the windows. lol

Gonna leave the light fixture off the mounts for now so I can add the sand, water and rock and have room to work.

Here is where it will be sitting, the biocube thats to the right will hopefully get sold soon as I get the critters moved to this tank.
Oh my carey!! First thing i saw when you posted this pic was the biocube with the lid open and one of your B&W clowns in there!! Shut the lid! No more carpet surfers! Lol

That being said, cool tank! It is cool and taller, and i like the look. Very nice so far!
Old 04-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #204
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks Gboy! lol If you look closely you can see the reflection of the 90g, and the 20g in the tank glass too! LOL

Bad news for today, I have a leak. Actually I have 2 leaks, each bulkhead is leaking a bit so I am waiting for the overflow section to empty and I will have to redo the pipes. :-( Major pain. I'm still hoping to get the rest of the rock in today so guess we'll see.

The viewing angles on this tank are awesome by the way, you can see the whole tank from pretty much any angle so the rock work will have to be really great to take advantage of that. And the low iron glass is nice too, the water is clear and has no "glass green" color when viewing. I really wanna hook the lights back up so I can see it all together but the b/f thinks we should wait til it's full of rock and water. hehe....
Old 04-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #205
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry about the leak. At least it isn't a leak on the tank.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #206
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So had to make a run to the not so local LFS for another gasket for the bulkhead. Got it and the plumbing looks to be holding for now. Left it over night and no leaks so it may be ready to fire up today. Just need like 6 gallons of water for the sump and i ran out last night so I am making water now.

Here is the rock that I have in the tank so far, hoping to add the live rock today as well and start rockscaping. I'm still not sure if i will order some pukani and some tonga from BRS in the upcoming group buy, I really want to get some height to the rock this time around without stacking against the glass. LOL

Old 04-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #207
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Looking forward to this tank getting finished! Looks great so far!!
Old 04-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #208
Aquarium Advice Addict

I am glad you were able to fix the problem! Good luck today!
Old 04-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #209
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Got the plumbing flowing and no more leaks.

The wires for the lighting are giving me some grief though, they arent long enough to really reach into the tank stand. lol Still have to mount 2 power strips in there anyway so maybe I can get them to reach.

Gonna be moving some live rock today in a bit, just wanted to get the tank up and running. I plan on sticking a regular koralia in it until I get the vortech at the end of the month so that the water can circulate at least.

Another MAJOR issue is the noise coming out of the anti siphon hole in the return pipe, looks like we will have to yank out that whole piping and put a hole in further down. Other than that though I think I am set. lol

Here is a picture of the tank with the led panel on with whites and blues. The light is really really bright too and does penetrate to the bottom of the tank.

I also won a frag of pink favia last night at my reef club meeting so theres a shot of that coral as well.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #210
Aquarium Advice Addict

Looks nice - cool frag.

Tags
60 gallon, build, cube, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com