Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #291
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yep, the light available to the corals. Mr X did the par readings on his leds so i figured I'd get some numbers for other folks too.

If it's not too much of a bother I will even do the 10g with the stock light and the 90g with the ATI bulbs. Will be great to see what the differences are between crap bulbs and good bulbs as well. LOL

Old 04-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #292
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Took some photo's today so here they are. Nothing fancy from my point and shoot camera though. LOL

Old 04-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #293
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Just a couple more!

Old 04-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #294
Aquarium Advice Addict

Everything looks great!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:50 AM   #295

All pictures of the corals are super cool!! But im always fascinated with the mushrooms!!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #296
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yep, everything is fantastic! Especially the Mandarin!
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:39 AM   #297
Aquarium Advice Addict

Is that a yellow clown goby? With the cute round face? Mine looks nothing like that Looks more like a goldfish with a flat face.
scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #298
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Actually Scott that yellow fish is a citron goby, I still havent' moved the yellow and green clown gobies over to the tank yet. lol The citron is really cool though, we call him dopey goby cause he's so big and well dopey. hehe...

I didn't get to use the par meter by the way guys, they couldnt find it that day but she promised to come by soon with it. So I wait.

BUT in the meantime I got some goodies today. And picked up 2 corals, a nice ultra acan and a sunset montipora, a tiny frag.

Here is the new gear I got today!!! I need advice on which side to place it though. I have a frag rack on the right side and the left side has the overflow. SOoooo not sure what to do. LOL Suggestions are very welcome, I'm dawdling putting it in cause not sure which side to put it on.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #299
Aquarium Advice Addict

Congrats on the new corals!

I am thinking maybe putting it on the side with the frag rack, seems like it may reach more rock area there, then again the frags wouldn't get much flow......
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #300
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

That was my original intention, the right side of the tank that has more open glass space. Maybe I should just move the frag rack to the left side? it will get flow that way and the vortech can reach the whole rockscape. Just nervous playing with such an expensive power head, don't wanna break it. lol I'm spazzy like that so it's always a valid concern with me. hehe Just wanna have the big picture in my head before i start putting on the sticky mounts and everything.

Tags
60 gallon, build, cube, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com