Carey's 60g Rimless Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! of all the people here i figured you'd appreciate the news the most! LOL

I am now stuck on skimmers and my sump. :-( I think i am going to get another eshopps psk150 for this tank. I like how it works on the 125g and it should fit in the sump.

i brought my sump tank to the LFS today, I was going to have them put in the baffles. BUT the guy said he doesn't do that and it would be fine to go with no baffles as long as I have an ATO which I do. He also said it would be really easy for me to do but I don't think I know where to even begin. lol

Space is kinda limited underneath. lol Just enough room for a 10g footprint sump, a 5g reservoir and a biopellet reactor. Its only like 23" X 23" inches. lol

I did place the sump tank in today and it looks good. Not too tight but not too much excess space. Everything will "just" fit I think. :)

Funny you should say that the tank I'm using for my scrubber is a 10 . All you need it to fit is the screen and the return pump. I think it will be easier than the sump I made. Anyways did you figure out if you are painting the back yet?

Yep, I was just thinking about posting that! LOL
I will be painting the back black. Took some time checking out the tank today and with the overflow in the corner I think black will look nice.

I am also picking up a new LED fixture this week, going to get a black one instead of the white one I have now. I think it will look pretty sleek with it all being black. I figure I'll sell off the white panel and buy a vortech for this tank. Was going to wait til next month but figure sooner than later. :)

I might be interested in the light if your willing to ship. Glad you decided on the black. All my tanks have it now/

carey said:
Going to pick up the fish tank today!!! Sooo excited! Now the fun really begins!

Awesome, are you going to instant cycle this tank too? Or are you just going base with some liverock?

Just got back with the tank. :) Had to drive a 20 year old van in a rainstorm but we got it. lol

I plan on taking about 20-30lbs of live rock from the 125g and some out of my other tanks. I will add some base I'm sure but I want to try to make some cool rockscapes so I wanna see if i can make those. So yep, I plan on an instant cycle. :-D

My next step ios to get to lowes today and get some spray paint, I'm gonna use spray this time, hope it comes out well.

My baby in the garage LOL

img_1878002_0_26d08436e1e7994085e1db4feabdaba6.jpg

img_1878002_1_2529418cc1e11b373ed673d93227d128.jpg

Thanks! It looks so much better in person. LOL

So, I have to paint the back and install the light brackets and then it's ready to come inside. I ordered new LED's on Thursday so they should be here this week coming up. I went with the black color instead of the white LED's I currently have. Should look really good on the tank, all the stuff is in black even the light hanging bars. :-D

My plan is to have water in it by the next weekend and fish soon after that. I figure I'll just add all the fish from the 20g and the cube and then let the biological filter adjust for a couple weeks before adding more fish.

Now if I can just find a place to scootch the biocube over to I'd be set! LOL I can't even put this tank into place yet.

Oh, and I decided on an eshopps skimmer for this build, gonna get the same one I have on my 125g tank so skimming should be ideal. I may have the vortech sooner than I thought as well, I am gonna sell the white led panel I have so that should be almost enough to by the MP10. I have the sump in place, not gonna put baffles in at this point so that's ready to go.

Thanks everyone for following still, I appreciate your time! Now this thread might get a bit more exciting. LOL

So far my plan stands, lots of corals including some SPS and a ton of tiny little fish. lol Still tweaking the stocklist but it will be mostly gobies and blennies probably. hehe

I also think I will take the plunge on an anemone, but only a rbta. Or maybe even some mini maxi's, nothing that gets too too large.

So far the stocking is:
citron goby
firefish
mandarin
scooter
Yellow watchman
barnacle blenny
yellow clown goby
green clown goby

I am still not sure if I want to put the b&w clowns in, might ship them to the 90g tank along with the engineer goby. lol The lawnmower blenny will be too big for the tank so he will most likely go to the 125g.

So much work to do but this is so much fun. Just measured the skimmer too, it will "just" fit as far as height so thats a relief.

I'm still taking suggestions for stocking this tank so feel free to suggest anything you think might be a good fit. I'm thinking a couple chromis and a chalk bass as well. other than that I'm not certain.

Back
Top Bottom