Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #71
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think that the larger amount of fish would work because these fish are all pretty much smaller than most fish in the stores these days.

I think that they are considered "micro" which is a step under "nano".

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #72
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea
I think that the larger amount of fish would work because these fish are all pretty much smaller than most fish in the stores these days.

I see, but arent firefish, clowns, dragonettes, and the larger gobys that are listed a step above micro?

Old 02-11-2012, 12:05 AM   #73
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66 View Post
I see, but arent firefish, clowns, dragonettes, and the larger gobys that are listed a step above micro?
I think so, but I think a lot of the fish on the list like the Clown Gobies would be considered "micro". So there are a few nano fish, and then there are some micro fish. Sorry for making this sound so confusing! lol.
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #74
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea

I think so, but I think a lot of the fish on the list like the Clown Gobies would be considered "micro". So there are a few nano fish, and then there are some micro fish. Sorry for making this sound so confusing! lol.
Oh yea, there are definitly alot of itty bitty fish..but once again, im just wondering.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:19 AM   #75
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea View Post
I just looked at the Tribal Blenny and he looked pretty cool too.

I think adding the Chromis with your micro fish would be a perfect idea. It would make for a very interesting and balanced tank!

Snowflake and Black Ice Clowns are actually my two all time favorite Clownfish species. They are two of my all-time favorite fish too! They look amazing, I would like to get some kind of designer Clown for my 125g (to pair off with my normal Occellaris in there)!
These are both selectively bred color variants of the same species, Amphiprion ocellaris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea View Post

These are simply constructs given to fish by hobbyists that want to categorize them. They do not constitute rules by which to stock IMHO.

Personally, I think that this is a TON of gobies that inhabit the same strata and function, if you will, in the tank. Adding the blennies and dragonets to the mix only complicates things IMHO. I'm far from an expert in marine tanks, but the experience I do have tells me that you may have problems with this setup. Again, take that for what it is.
severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:32 AM   #76
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

What I was thinking on doing was to get the setup all running and add say the 20g fish first to the 60g. Let them settle in and then move the fish over from the biocube. I have no real problems with aggression amongst each tanks fish. After I was done getting both tanks safely into the 60g then I was going to stock maybe 3 or 4 of the fish,. Wait a bit and if all is well then break up the rest. I definitely wouldn't just throw a bunch of gobies in a tank and hope for the best. LOL

i think i am up to the challenge of trying it. I will still feed the dragonets like I do now and as long as they keep on eating I think they'll be ok.

I may actually move the b&w clowns to the 90g if the need arises and the lawnmower blenny might go to the 90g as well.

Have you ever seen a goby or blenny tank S.M? I'm curious if anyone else has had success or if not what happened.

Thanks for the input though. i appreciate it.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:41 AM   #77
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Sounds like a plan carey! I didnt expect you to dump them all in lol! But it did make me think about the stock.

As long as everything stays stable then i guess you could keep stocking!
Old 02-11-2012, 01:18 AM   #78
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lol... see, I forget that you already have the dragonets, and that you already have them eating prepared foods. That surely complicates things less.

To answer your question, no, I have not seen a mostly goby and blenny tank. I'm purely basing my opinion on my experience with working at a friend's lfs for a couple of years, and on owning a 60 gal cube- not sw at this time, but I am certainly familiar with the footprint. Let's call it an educated guess, nothing more.
severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:27 AM   #79
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

LOL, Good enough!

I've been researching for awhile now and chose the fish on my list very carefully. The key is to have everything properly balanced. I stuck with all peaceful fish for the most part and adhered strictly to the size requirement that I set for myself. . I had to take a few off my list because of it.

I think a goby/blenny tank would be pretty awesome, with them just swimming through the corals all day.

From the ones I listed did any throw up a red flag for you? As far as temperment, diet or just general knowledge? If I do this I want it to have the best chance for success and anything you can chime in on feel free.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:31 AM   #80
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Im a bit confused about which list is the one that were talking about

Tags
60 gallon, build, cube, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com