Carey's 60g Rimless Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
So I was daydreaming my rockscape today and I picked a few rocks in the 125g that I am going to take for it, about 40lbs.

I also think I want to get 10lbs or so of the tonga branch rock from BRS and try to get some height out of this rockscape. I think I will be using epoxy to get a good structure, I do have almost 24 inches of depth. If anyone is interested here are the rocks I am moving over, full of purple coralline for the most part and pretty porous.

Nice pieces of rock, can't wait for the build! :-D

Thanks for looking! I know it's just rock, but I'm getting very excited as the build is almost ready to start to put together. Thats gonna be fun, assembling it all, I love this stuff!

I also considered since I'm gonna use mostly established rock I won't have a cycle to wait for either. Double bonus!

I know I've gone on about the back glass before, but should I paint it? I'm on the fence with it.. The whole left corner is the overflow and its black so the glass bare might stand out as far as dirt and algae. Also would like to keep the light in the tank as I'm not sure how the spread will be with the lights after they are hung. I dont want a wash out of light going out the back.

No cycle to wait for=:dance:

In my opinion, I think it would look really nice painted or with a black background. :)

I was at my LFS picking up a fish so I figured I'd take a shot of my new tank and stand. :-D

img_1843352_0_611d3d2189dadd5216e978899e8c7e7e.jpg

img_1843352_1_03ec1a3968f97df2934f2e87d1a106f0.jpg

2 more weeks. Gotta wait for payday. :-(

I have everything else for it, just need the tank! lol

cannot wait to start putting this together. So excited!

Thats not even the good tanks. lol he has a 180 in his office that is awesome. and I think a 240 in back that is full of 20yr old corals. None of that stuff is for sale of course, these guys just have their personal tanks in the shop. :)

The 28th is the magic payday! So it's a little over 2 weeks. I may be going to a reef club equipment swap meet and might bring the 75g and halides I have for sale. If that sells then the tank comes home asap. LOL

Thats not even the good tanks. lol he has a 180 in his office that is awesome. and I think a 240 in back that is full of 20yr old corals. None of that stuff is for sale of course, these guys just have their personal tanks in the shop. :)

The 28th is the magic payday! So it's a little over 2 weeks. I may be going to a reef club equipment swap meet and might bring the 75g and halides I have for sale. If that sells then the tank comes home asap. LOL

Sounds awesome, I am jealous! :lol:

Is this one Fishy Business?

Nope. Fishy is kinda fishy in my opinion. I would never buy a fish there. Always dead ones in the tank.

The LFS is called amazsing aquariums and he is in daytona beach. I got my controller from him and most of my early test kits and stuff. Absolutely awesome shop, you can go in and talk fish and corals for hours with them and ask any question you can think of. This is the store that got hit with copper a few weeks ago. Not sure if I posted it here but someone is going around florida putting copper into coral tanks. Just for the hell of it.

They have been heading south down the coast of florida. All the fish places are on alert so hopefully they will stop. My LFS had to install cameras and other security after it happened. they hit their SPS and rare coral tank. i can;t imagine how much they lost. :-( some people are just effed-up.

That makes me angry just thinking about it, have they had news reports or anything on the issue?

I never thought of that. My LFS is one of those coral places though that propogates their own corals and get it from others. They dont get wild coral at all and encourage me to go aquacultured all the time. LOL They picked the wrong shop in that regard to make a statement.

I haven't researched it and I don't watch the news. Always bad crap going on out in the world. I have a tivo so I don't do news or commercials. LOL I've heard this from two stores now, about 60 miles away from each other as well. Mr. Petman in port orange florida also has a warning out to employees to be extra vigilant. ( I know one of the employees ;-) )

Well that's great of them. That's what I try to do as well. But nobody ever accused those types of being overly intelligent. All the great stores around you makes me want to go back to FL. You got it made lady!

I paid $50 for a copperband butterfly though! They are more a boutique than a real LFS. LOL It's reflected in their prices on fish.

I did get an amazing deal on my setup from them though, a little over cost. :-D They also can get anything and will match online prices. Just costs me sales tax though if i go through them. But thats a small price to pay for a Really good lfs. hehe

Just got back from the LFS and this tank is now paid in FULL!! I plan on picking it up this saturday when i can arrange a van for transport, don't wanna bust anything on this baby. :) I lucked out and sold my metal halides and a 75g tank yesterday so i got enough to pay off the tank!! Sooo excited!

carey said:
Just got back from the LFS and this tank is now paid in FULL!! I plan on picking it up this saturday when i can arrange a van for transport, don't wanna bust anything on this baby. :) I lucked out and sold my metal halides and a 75g tank yesterday so i got enough to pay off the tank!! Sooo excited!

Woot woot, I am excited too! :dance: :dance:

Back
Top Bottom