Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #101
Aquarium Advice Freak

Got a white spotted Toby in with my eel. And they get along great. He is very playful when I get home. Will even fallow my hand around if I'm cleaning something. I love him. In shock though that he is leaving my cleaner shrimp and crabs alone. But have seen him nip and some snails.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #102
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I kinda didn't want anything that would eat snails, I happen to like my snails. lol But what about secreting poison? If they get stressed or threatened I don't want some major disaster.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:51 PM   #103
Aquarium Advice Freak

I think ur thinking of box fish. I have not Hurd that about puffers. U should be just fine. I have to white Toby in my salt. And a green spotted and figure 8 in my brackish. And have not had any problems.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #104
Aquarium Advice Addict

Puffer fish have a poison sack in their bodies. So they are a poisonous fish but fish like lion fish excrete venom so they are called venomous.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:55 PM   #105
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
Puffer fish have a poison sack in their bodies. So they are a poisonous fish but fish like lion fish excrete venom so they are called venomous.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I don;t think I'll go with either one though. Too scary for me. lol
Old 09-07-2011, 12:37 AM   #106
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yea so you won't be in any danger with a puffer unless you eat him lol
Old 09-07-2011, 02:21 AM   #107
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

puffers are ok, have one in with my fish and he is one of the gang, he even bumps into the others(except the lion obviously) every once in awhile

and you can net them but i wouldnt, just for the sake of stress, boxfish look very similar to puffers but actually have the ability to secrete a very potent poison that will nuke everything. boxfish can also inflate their bellies like puffers, which is where alot of the confusion comes in
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #108
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

See, this is stuff I didn't know. LOL Then again, I havent been living on the "dark" side of saltwater yet.

I'm still busy making a list of potential fish, I will post one today and you guys can nit pick it and let me know how it looks. Least I won't ahve tangs on the list, got my tang fill already. I am so exited!!

Still working on a stand so I can't do anything til then. But I did sell my 10g setup yesterday and have some interested in my 55g rehab tank.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #109
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Ok, the time has come. I have researched my eyeballs out almost but I have literally looked at almost every fish I could potentially want.

Keep in mind I know I can't have them ALL, these are just the fish I;m choosing from.

get ready cause it's a long list I think LOL

Lemonpeel angel
Half black angle OR Blue spotted angel
soldierfish
Chalk Bass
Blue Hamlet
Hawkfish- blood red OR Flame OR Longnose

Butterflys- figure on only one of them
Falcula
Kleins
Pearscale
Mertens
Double saddle
yellow long nose
Pyramid

Wrasses- I want two
Exquisite
Scots Fairy
Carpenters
McCoskers
Banana

And in consideration as well

Sand perch
Foxface Lo OR one spot foxface

I looked into tank sizes and dietary concerns in mind when I made the list so it should be all good. However, some of the fish might be too small or too aggressive or too meek. Thats where you guys come in. Anything you can offer in the way of advice or experience would be awesome!

I do plan on having some rock, jsut not a ton of it. I want to go a bit more simpler this go around. Not so much a rockscaped tank but a fish a flowing look. LOL

Let me know!!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #110
Aquarium Advice Addict

Two angels is what I would worry about.

Tags
build, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com