Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #181
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

If they are not similar looking it's supposed to be ok. I have a pink spotted goby and a lawnmower blenny already in the tank so the bright yellow blenny shouldnt spur any issues. I hardly ever see my blenny anyways, unless he is eating off the back wall. lol

Old 09-08-2011, 10:30 PM   #182
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
If they are not similar looking it's supposed to be ok. I have a pink spotted goby and a lawnmower blenny already in the tank so the bright yellow blenny shouldnt spur any issues. I hardly ever see my blenny anyways, unless he is eating off the back wall. lol
My bleeny is pretty active. See him going from rock to rock. Just blends in so well with the rocks...

Old 09-08-2011, 10:32 PM   #183
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Mine is apercher and starer. he will just give me a look when I'm over there as if to say whatcha looking at? he's very nosy but has been keeping to himself lately. I think the big tank has him confused. lol
Old 09-09-2011, 12:23 AM   #184
Aquarium Advice Addict

hey carey you mentioned a chocolate chip star. i too am considering on for my 40g i hope to have up and running in the next few weeks

any way i found this link that had some info

Chocolate chip starfish care
Old 09-09-2011, 12:46 AM   #185
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks, some good information. I think I will try my luck with one when the tank is up and running.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:20 AM   #186
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Id be careful with the cc starfish, only reason I say that i because some fish that are known to pick and nibble at coral, will do the same with the cc. Our cc got pulled off the glass atleast once a day by the infamous triggers, then we added our blue-spot puffer, he tore up the cc to the point where I had to relocate the cc so long story short, be cautious oh and check out the red cc starfish...its bright red and awesome
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:22 AM   #187
Aquarium Advice Addict

they do look pretty amazing.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:26 AM   #188
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I don't think I have any potential stock that will go after the starfish. Mostly semi aggressive coral eaters. lol
Old 09-09-2011, 02:21 AM   #189
Aquarium Advice Freak

Wow. I really did get lucky with my spotted puffer. Cus I have a I think it is a sand starfish in my tank and a few peppermet shrimp and two cleaner shrim and my puff leaves them alone. Doesn't even care about them at all. Was thinking about getting another one when I get the 210 going but am scared the new one might be more nippy at my inverts.

Hope he doesn't change his ways when I get my 210 going.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #190
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I hope so too! You never know with those guys. I;d err on the side of caution though.

Well today is the big stand shopping day! And livestock window shopping too. I always tend to end up with something though.

Wish I knew when i could go, I have a guy comingby today to pick up the pico tank. Bye bye little pico....It was a great experience though, I loved that little tank.

On that note, the sun polyps died on me finally which is why I listed the tank setup on CL. I don;t think I got a very good specimen to start with though, mine never once fully opened. Only a couple times when I first got it it would open enough for me to feed it. Didn't even want cyclopeeze! Poor little coral. i have officially had 2 corals die on me now, my open brain forever ago and now this one. Kinda feel like I failed somehow. Well, I guess thats because I actually did fail. :-(

Tags
build, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com