Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post
And the 1 inch pipe is for the drainage and 3/4 for the return, the elbow and insert should fit together with the nozzle on the end of that. get a good aquarium sealant for the bulkhead to put through the tank wait at least 48 hours for the sealant to dry then put a little more around the fitting to make sure you have a good seal! don't want any leaks

This is EXACTLY the stuff I don't understand. lol I have to silicone the pipes that got through the holes in the bottom of the tank?

It's 75%- 25% in favor of keeping the 90g. I just sold my 20L community tank, and I need to sell 2 other 55g setups. I will be getting a 29g for a qt from my future mom in law soon too. So that'll be covered.

Considering I paid about the price of the mag drive for the WHOLE setup I could turn almost a grand in profit, give or take a little. It was a miracle deal. lol

Old 09-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

thats one **** of a deal. yes theyre should be rubber gaskets for the bulkhead connects but i wouldnt trust just a rubber gasket. yes you have to put them through there and the 1" tube should fit in the bulkhead i believe and thats the drain and same thing for the return side. i wish i still lived in ocala i would just come help you and we'd have it done in a few hours. but the best thing to do for a video referance is check youtube

Old 09-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

OMG I thought my eyes were lying to me when it said Carey's .......Build.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

How much was it???
Old 09-03-2011, 10:27 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So the drain and return are both located in the black box thing in the tank? I have two inlets for the sump but only 2 holes in the bottom of the tank. Or do I connect each flex hose to each hole on the bottom and just run a return line like in a regular non drilled tank?

The answers to these questions will determine whether I use or or sell it. LOL

I'm still feeling like I wanna keep it. hehe...But I am selling off tanks so uit all evens out.

As far as the bioballs, they should be fine for a non reef application correct?
Old 09-03-2011, 11:40 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So I've spent the last few hours trying to figure out this drilled tank thing. I've read the instructions for the drilled parts kit and it says the intake pipe goes into the black overflow box and the return pump equipment with nozzle is included and it says it goes in the other hole on the tank.

BUT I have a dual intake and only two holes in the tank. Do I need to get a third hole drilled? Or do I split off theintake into two lines before it goes down into the sump.

Theres also no filter sock or room apparently for one, the first chamber is the skimmer and two long white pvc pipes with holes in it to fill up that section. I;m guessing whenthe water gets to a certain height it will overflow into the bioballs section, going through the tray with filter pad and thne onto the balls.Then there is a large sponge that leads to the return section.

Help guys, really confused.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:56 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yea both r in the black thing. I would throw bio balls in there or run a PVC pipe up to the top or the water running down it will be very loud ( so I have Hurd ).

I would run PVC pipe from the drain hole to a T joint and then to each point for the sump.

Now this is stuff I have been reading and looking up for when I start working on my 210 sitting in my living room. Have not tested any of it at All. But it's what I have seen a decent amount of.

Not sure about the balls for none reef.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:57 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

Post a couple more pics of diff angles if u can.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:09 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Here are some more pictures. I got the first compartment setup I think. Just confused why I have a double intake and two flex hoses and only 2 holes. How do I get the water back from the return pump?

Old 09-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Tags
build, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com