Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #271
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah I was thinking I can get away with the cheapo ones. Just concerned about what my lfs said about the bulbs failing. I know for a fact that there will be no corals in this tank so I don't want to spend alot of money in the one instance that I can actually go cheap on something for once.

This is so frustrating! I have almost everything I need for the build BUT a stand. One of the most basic and not so expensive items. And also the 55g is in the way, but I could break that down to bare tank and put it in the garage and make way for the 90g. I just don't know when someone will buy my tank setup and thats all that's holding me back from starting. grrr..it could be tonight or next week for all I know.

So I've been thinking on the cycling now since I got 250lb fo rock now. LOL
I WAS gonna move 50lbs from my 125g and put 50lbs of the base back in it's place. Now I'm thinking I may hard cycle the tank with all the base rock I just got. Well, not all of it, I don't want more than 120lbs or so in this build.

I was thinking of having alot of active fish so I want archways of rock and some other cool features I couldn't do in a reef what with having corals to be considered as far as rock placement.

if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts please share! I'm stuck in a build and need to feel I'm making progress even though I'm not. LOL

Old 09-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #272
Aquarium Advice Addict

You using a sump for the 90?

Old 09-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #273
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Oh yeah!!! I have it pre drilled, my first real tank! I have a wet/dry with skimmer and all my pumps and hose. I have all the rock. and then some lol. I have the prefilter kit with all the parts required so I could hook it uptoday if I could. I wish I could. I;m kinda bored and I have so much to do. I have to go outside and rinse out filter socks and start moving 250 plus some lbs of rock outta my car. And then rinse it all and dry it out. Then it's on to water changes...
Old 09-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #274
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
why are you drying it out?
Old 09-17-2011, 05:06 PM   #275
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Because I want it dry for now, I don't have the 90g up and I don't want to put it in the 55g cause I'm selling it.

is that wrong?
Old 09-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #276
Aquarium Advice Addict

i guess not. i would probably put it in a few rubbermaid bins to keep everything alive on it.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #277
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

It's only base rock, not live.

I would know better than that LOL
Old 09-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #278
Aquarium Advice Addict

oh. but it's wet now. how did it get wet?
Old 09-17-2011, 05:18 PM   #279
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

It's dry base rock right now all dusty and dirty so I need to take it and rinse off the dust and stuff. It was in someones storage locker that some guy bought so it's been a few years or so.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #280
Aquarium Advice Addict

ahh...ok. now it's all becoming clear.....

Tags
build, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com