Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-17-2011, 11:35 PM   #291
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I think you should do a 3d rockscaping instead of trying to stack it nicely against the back wall of the tank. Stack it throughout the tank so they can swim in and out all around the tank.

huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:46 PM   #292
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

That's more of what I was thinking. No leaning piles of rock but have it all over with places to swoop into and out of. I'm thinking major overhang and a graduated sculpture.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:16 AM   #293
Aquarium Advice Freak

The hold fast stuff I got from my Lfs worked great for me and alot of the stuff I did with my 210. Just for what u want to to might have to build most of it outside the tank then place it in.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #294
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

OK. so gonna paint the back black. One thing out of the way. In fact I can start that project this upcoming week. I still have to take all the packaging off the tank. its still in cardboard and shrink wrap.

I till have to get to the end of the garbage can as far as rinsing the new rock, I barely made a dent in in yesterday, 100lbs was all. :-(

Once I get all the rock rinsed and dry I will have a better idea of what kind of structures I can make once I spread it all out.

Good news got a hit just now on the 55g so hopefully this guy buys it and I can get the stand tomorrow. that would be HUGE! lol But it is from CL so you never know with these flakes. hehe

I also made some stocking changes and it seems this is gonna be a primarily wrasse tank. very excited as I done nothing but research the list of fish and am learning so much. I decided on a butterfly and the angel. And ditched the assessor and the soldierfish or squirellfish due to dietary issues.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #295
Aquarium Advice Freak

Congrats. Hope it all goes good. Cant wait to see the updates.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:25 PM   #296
Aquarium Advice Addict

sounds good carey. good luck on your 55g sell.

i enjoy playing with the rocks, i hope you do too.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #297
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
OK. so gonna paint the back black. One thing out of the way. In fact I can start that project this upcoming week. I still have to take all the packaging off the tank. its still in cardboard and shrink wrap.

I till have to get to the end of the garbage can as far as rinsing the new rock, I barely made a dent in in yesterday, 100lbs was all. :-(

Once I get all the rock rinsed and dry I will have a better idea of what kind of structures I can make once I spread it all out.

Good news got a hit just now on the 55g so hopefully this guy buys it and I can get the stand tomorrow. that would be HUGE! lol But it is from CL so you never know with these flakes. hehe

I also made some stocking changes and it seems this is gonna be a primarily wrasse tank. very excited as I done nothing but research the list of fish and am learning so much. I decided on a butterfly and the angel. And ditched the assessor and the soldierfish or squirellfish due to dietary issues.
U can use that silicon I put on my page for your rock... It's like super glue and aquarium safe!
Old 09-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #298
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I've spent the last two hours or so trying to arrange the rocks for my 125g. I keep changing my mind. LOL It's all apread out on the floor in front and I keep moving pieces from spot to spot.

I'm also entertaining the idea of using rods to mount my rock together in this tank. I'd like a a tall scape but not heavy on the rock, on the left I'd like a show stopper of a tall suspended rock piece almost like an oak tree branch branching off the tree.

LOL It's in my head but might be difficult to make work in real life. I guess we'll see.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #299
Aquarium Advice Addict

never thought of mentioning silicone, i played with that when i was setting up the first cichlid tank. good option kio
Old 09-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #300
Aquarium Advice Addict

its just time carey. you can do it. sounds like a cool idea

Tags
build, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com