Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-20-2011, 12:48 PM   #331
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Id go topless. .. soo much easier in terms of the pipework for the overflows. Plus not to mention the sand makes really cool designs on the bottom glass that you can see lol

huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #332
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

LOL. If I crawl underneath to look! I just want the sturdiest and best option. This build might be my last.

Still trying to sell off the 55g too. I figured it would go quick too. Am really disappointed that it hasnt sold yet.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:55 PM   #333
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Emphasis on the word may.. im honestly shocked it hasn't sold too. It was my understandig that 55's were one of the most common and used sizes.. figured someone would've wanted it in no time
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #334
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm even selling it in pieces now, tank stand and fluval, then you can add on the lights or add on the skimmer. I figured a lower price point would be a good idea but so far nothing but scams and lots of "is it still available" then not another word. lol

Same deal with my 4g pico, I have it listed on CL as well and get an email a day at least about it and no on ever shows up. lol
Old 09-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #335
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yea I would go with the taller one then as well. Like u said u won't grow out of it anytime soon. And as far as getting one made and unfinished. U could sways just stain it and not paint. I just think the natural wood looks so nice with an aquarium.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #336
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Everything in my living room dining room is black. LOL I've painted all the stands or got them all in black. We kinda have the "modern" look in outr decor so black would be a must. We also have a light pine pergo flooring so the black really works well with it.

I should really give that guy a call and see how much HE charges for painting. That fine point may be the deciding factor of whether I buy one prebuilt or have it made.

I guess I'm in no rush now for the stand as the 55g is still occupying the spot for the 90g. lol But who knows that 55g could go tomorrow. here's hoping. I;m getting itchy on the 90g I wanna start NOW. lol
Old 09-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #337
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here's a stand for 154 http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.co...32+9881&pcatid
Old 09-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #338
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hey, nice pull on that stand! The only thing is i didn't wanna put it together, my last stand went ok but it was A PAIN to do. lol

I really need to call this carpenter guy...lemme see if he's available now, try to get a firmer price...
Old 09-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #339
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Hey, nice pull on that stand! The only thing is i didn't wanna put it together, my last stand went ok but it was A PAIN to do. lol

I really need to call this carpenter guy...lemme see if he's available now, try to get a firmer price...
Most of the time, I can fire up the table saw and miter saw and build something easier than putting together one bought from the store. LOL Of course, it frustrates the dickens out of my wife. Any time she wants to buy something I say "Hey, I can build that". LOL
Old 09-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #340
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

i could only wish my b/f were that way. lol he's a mason so if it's concrete he can build it but when it comes to carpentry, well, it just doesn't. LOL

I found out where this carpenter is but I think it might be a two hour drive, which would kinda suck and negate the benefit of having him make it. :-(

Tags
build, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com