Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #391
Aquarium Advice Addict

i think that stand could be like the 55 stand we just sold. if i remember right it has the option of reconfiguring it so if you dont want it to be like your picktures you can unscrew something and move it up so it sits on top instead of recessed.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:45 PM   #392
Aquarium Advice Addict

Q-tips aren't just for ears, they reach alot more nooks and crannies when needed, like ridges where salt creep could be

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:39 AM   #393
Aquarium Advice Addict

hey carey, we where trying to figure out my diy overflow and im stuck on the flow rate of everything once its all assembled. what return pump are you using for your 90?
Old 09-26-2011, 10:50 AM   #394
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I will be using a mag 9.5 that came with it. I have only a single drain drilled in the tank though so it's a single overflow that I will be teeing off to match the dual sump intake.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #395
Aquarium Advice Addict

cool thanks carey.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:11 PM   #396
Aquarium Advice Freak

How is the set up going? Sold the 55 yet?
Old 09-26-2011, 10:51 PM   #397
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I will be using a mag 9.5 that came with it. I have only a single drain drilled in the tank though so it's a single overflow that I will be teeing off to match the dual sump intake.

You're sounding like a real plumbing pro now LOL. Any updated pics?

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:50 AM   #398
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Nope. No new pictures. :-( I;m at a total standstill until wednesday when I get paid or the 55g sells. A little bit of both actually since I cant setup the 90g until it is sold. lol

I am hopeful to get an email from liveaquaria saying a midas blenny or some anthias's come into stock
Old 09-27-2011, 12:58 AM   #399
Aquarium Advice Addict

fish are wierd. im on a mailing list for a jaguar cichlid from back when i was still doing central american cichlids. still havent heard anything from them.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #400
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So, one more day til payday and until I "think" I can order the stand. I'm actually leaning on the side of the cheaper one without the tank trim.

Both are supposed to be 30" tall and look pretty similar so I think I;m gonna do the money saving thing and get the one locally with free delivery.

Now all I need to do is rinse off the last of my base rock and paint the back glass. Should I paint it after I get the stand or try and suffer through the paint job while it's on the ground? LOL Seems like it will be a pain to paint well while it's on the ground. I use latex paint and do it by hand with a paint brush. I haven't even taped off the back yet because the tanks' still boxed up. I am slipping on this build hehehe

Is there anything else I need for this setup guys? I think I have everything but some additional plumbing parts which will probably be determined once I start putting stuff together.

OOps, I have one more question!

I just read that a 1 inch drilled hole will push only 600 gph through from gravity, while I have a mag 9.5 return pump that will do 950. the head loss will be minimal since it's drilled so I for sure figure on a ball valve. But will that much turnover be good enough for 90 gallons?

I only wonder because my 125g has about 1200 gph going through it at a time and it's not that much bigger than the 90g.

Also, have my updated fish stocking list almost done. Will post that sometime later when I finalize it. Still tossing around the idea of having mostly wrasses in it. And the harelquin tusk is still a maybe, I'm not fully convinced it will be ok in just a 4 foot 90g tank PLUS they are really expensive! LOL The australian ones are not gonna happen at $179 each so is it still worth it if I don't get the aussie one? They are much more brightly colored than the indian ocean / indonesian ones....

Tags
build, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com