Carey's 90g FOWLR Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What other fish do you have in there? I have a fish suggestion but they do have a high bio load and can be a little nippy at night while other fish sleep. Google bird beak burrfish. It's like a porc puffer but they only get a foot long.

Yeah... if there is anyone I wouldn't question a fish in her tank it'd be carey lol. I wouldn't be surprised if she had a waterbed full of saltwater incase of a dire need for a pwc in the middle of the night.

I have:
flame hawk
Yellow Coris Wrasse
Red Coris Wrasse
Yellow Bream
Big Eye Squirrel fish
six line wrasse

Also have a red knobby starfish and a purple urchin

Gonna go google that fish, but I'm thinking a foot long fish might be a tad much LOL

The star may be lunch too lol. But it's 12 inch max so figure about 10 inches in a tank . They have one at my Lfs with the prettiest eyes and he will sit at the bottom of the tank and follow you with his eyeballs lol.

Just looked him up! Such a cute little fellow. :) My lfs gets ones like that and they follow you like little puppies around the tank. Not sure I'm ready for a puffer though. And don't they need large tanks? I'm not too terribly concerned about bioload, I run a pretty tight ship here so water is usually good.

Also, aren't they aggressive? And would a puffer eat my smaller fish?

My porc is in with a barely two inch maroon clown and he pays him no mind. The bird beak burrfish is nocturnal so it spends all day laying on the bottom just watching things with his huge eyes and during the night I have read that they can be nippers. puffers once they get some size tend to be lazy fish. I'll check my book when I get home but I think I remember they are considered semi aggressive .

What about a Goatfish or Hogfish? I think you were originally planning on the Goatfish, they are pretty cool.

Yeah, I was actually thinking about the goatfish again. Nice memory. :)

I know both are in stock at LA, my LFS actually has a spanish hog but I think those are the really big ones. lol

I'm gonna go browse LA, that should bolster my spirits.

Yeah, I was actually thinking about the goatfish again. Nice memory. :)

I know both are in stock at LA, my LFS actually has a spanish hog but I think those are the really big ones. lol

I'm gonna go browse LA, that should bolster my spirits.
LA is definitely a good spirit booster! :-D Can't wait till I can go on LA to look for more fish for the 125g. I definitely undersestimated the amount of FW needed to get hypo conditions. I already went through about 40g! I am excited about the LFS though, they have some super nice corals and frags. :)

Think about your 60g build, that will help boost your spirit too!

Funny you mentioned the porkfish, I was just considering it! I think I'm gonna go with the bi color goatfish though. :)

LA is having a super sale this week, so many things I'd like to get! lol

Funny you mentioned the porkfish, I was just considering it! I think I'm gonna go with the bi color goatfish though. :)

LA is having a super sale this week, so many things I'd like to get! lol
I like the Bicolor too! I have been thinking of making my 55g a FOWLR, with cool fish like the Bream and Bicolor.

La is having a sale? Cool! I will use the ich be gone spell on my 125g and have it be gone, lol, that way I can order some critters.

The last few weeks or so have been very hard on this tank. Todays horror story is that the yellow Bream is missing. :-( Since he was so tiny I checked the overflow in back and even the filter sock with no luck.

To be honest, I am getting really frustrated and depressed. I'm at the point of questioning if I should even be keeping fish. I know it's just a setback but it really bothers me to lose fish in any way. The poor little Bream, I almost knew he was gonna be iffy when I first got him he was so small.

Just venting a bit, maybe make myself feel a little better. Being as I have no life outside of my fish tanks these incidents really strike home.

not sure what I will do now. I really liked the bream, he was an awesome cool little guy. So now the fish list is even shorter in this tank. :-(

Sorry to hear that Carey. I know it may be hard at the moment but don't let it get you down. You do a great job of giving these creatures a good home. Things will look better tomorrow. I am sure of it.

Thanks for the kind words. I literally do everything I can for these guys to have a great life. Hopefully tomorrow won't bring any more bad news.

Sorry carey. But like you said, he was smaller than you thought he would be when you got him. If anything it is LA's fault, not yours.

You do a fantastic job keeping fish, I struggle myself with less tanks than you have! That shows how good you are. You haven't had ich once, and your fish always look very happy! :)

LOL. Well if you say they look happy then I guess they must be! hehe....

For sure going to look for bigger fish to put in this tank, the one inch fish was just too much I guess. Would have been great to raise him up from a tiny baby to a full size guy. :-(

I'm keeping busy, planning on a water change for the 125g and the 90g tonight so my 60g of water are mixing. Who knows, maybe, just maybe the bream is still in there somewhere.

LOL. Well if you say they look happy then I guess they must be! hehe....

For sure going to look for bigger fish to put in this tank, the one inch fish was just too much I guess. Would have been great to raise him up from a tiny baby to a full size guy. :-(

I'm keeping busy, planning on a water change for the 125g and the 90g tonight so my 60g of water are mixing. Who knows, maybe, just maybe the bream is still in there somewhere.

Oh yeah, I was also going to say that he could be hiding like Candy or the Yellow Watchman did!

I wanted to ask you....waht is your water change system? (like as far as taking water out, where does it go, putting water back in, how you get it there, how long it all takes etc.) Thanks.

Thanks Honda. You have got me to actually considering a puffer. lol Just a little bit though, still havent done any research on them to see what their deal is and if it would be compatible with the fish I have and the ones i still want.

Back
Top Bottom