Carey's 90g FOWLR Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow carey looks great!! I love your 125 an your 60 gal... :) well i actually live them all. Haha

I was all happy until i saw the sick cichlid :( whats wrong with that guy?? :(

Wow carey looks great!! I love your 125 an your 60 gal... :) well i actually live them all. Haha

I was all happy until i saw the sick cichlid :( whats wrong with that guy?? :(

That poor cichlid injured himself in the big tank, probably between some rocks and has been like that for well over a year. i didn't expect him to live much longer after the accident but he is a trooper!

I think his swim bladder got squished so now he cant swim. He sleeps lying down on the gravel. :-( My poor baby.....

Thanks for the views everyone!

Poor guy!! :( will he ever get better?

You are a very good person to give him his own tank and everything!

No, he won't get better unfortunately. :-( He has gotten worse over the last year but he just won't die. He is my indestructible fish. His head is now slanting really really bad to the left, looks like fish TB to be honest. He was in a 10g but when the 25g came available I figured why not. I also tried to put in a smaller cichlid to keep him company but he was having none of that. he attacked the other fish and took a chunk off of his nose. I guess he's a little bitter at being sick and by himself.

Thanks Nu Nu!

Congrats on your new fishy!
I really like watching videos!

Lastly, what happened to fish-shopping-Fridays? LOL.

Cool tank, :)

Well, I get paid the 4th wednesday of the month so i couldnt contain myself for Friday! LOL

I'm hoping to do a major fish/coral shopping run in Orlando next week sometime, might get some new stuff then as well. As long as the money holds out that is! lol

Thanks for viewing red, i appreciate it!

Great, I love new stuff!

Following along is fun! I check AA while working on my homework to give me a break. Sometimes my "breaks" turn out to be too long though, LOL.

Just pulled the Blue wrasse from the tank, he didn't make it. :-(

The water is fine, the other fish are fine I am chalking it up to too much stress on the poor guy. He was also in qt at the LFS for 3 weeks and was fine so it had to be stress. i didn't see any fish messing with him so not totally sure what happened.

Sad way to start the weekend.....

So I ordered a new light for this tank. Got the 4 bulb aquatraders light, this one

Odyssea T5 Aquarium Lighting

Has a timer and moonlights so it should be pretty cool. :-D

Also got new lightbulbs for it, went with wavepoint sunwaves at 12k and 2 blues at 460. Should give it a nice coloration, well I'm hoping anyways. I;m also trying the cheapo bulbs this time to see how they differ from the ati ones. Will let you all know and post pictures when i have it up and running.

Thanks for reading folks!

Heading out to 3 new fish stores today so we'll see if I don't come home with something. LOL

Good luck with your new stuff Carey!
I tried the Wavepoints once, and after a few weeks the 12,000's got real dim and looked pink, looked like a roseate bulb. I removed them and went back to Currents ( what I had originally).
Hopefully you don't experience the same thing I did.
I use the ATI's now after site members suggestions, and they're great! But you know this!

Back
Top Bottom