Carey's 90g FOWLR Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The fixture just got here so I will have it up and running tonight. :)

The bulbs dont look too bad that came with it, but I'm still changing them out. lol

I have a smaller version of the same fixture without the timer. The lights are pretty decent but the LED's burn out really quick.

I've heard that about the leds. Hopefully they last for a little while at least. lol

This fixture is pretty much replacing an older odyssea one that has a timer on it as well, this one just looks newer and doesn't have individual reflectors like the old one.

Got another blue headed wrasse today, hoping he will do better than the previous one I had that only lasted one day. :-(

He's still acclimating but here he is in his bucket for now..

img_1992026_0_a1c9c7a2d12d229c1a58028bda9007ed.jpg

Thanks guys! :)

The bucket photo doesn't do him justice, very pretty fish in person.

So far he is doing well still, he really likes to eat so that's a plus. lol He is the 2nd biggest fish behind the coral hogfish so he hasn't had any run ins with the other fish yet. He is also VERY VERY active. he swims more than my tangs do. hehe...

On my b/f's suggestion I placed a hardcover book on top of each eggcrate cover, just in case he gets spooked and tries to jump. have had the most horrible luck with jumpers, of all the fish i've lost jumping is the number one reason. :-(

Cool, I hope he does well for you. :-D

Watching videos is so much fun! I definitely do live vicariously. LOL, whenever you get a new a fish I say to my family "Carey got a new fish!", :lol:

Sadly, i think I have lost my yellow coris wrasse. :-(

When I put the blue headed wrasse in he tormented the yellow one the first day and the yellow went into the sand. It's been a few weeks and no sign of the yellow wrasse. He didn't jump or get into the overflow, I've checked everywhere. So I most likely have a decaying fish somewhere under my 6 inches of sandbed. :-(

Other than the yellow wrasse going MIA the tank is doing well. Still have some diatoms but the silly engineer goby keeps making HUGE mountains of sand and disturbing the sandbed so I think thats the reason it shows up. The little xenia that I have in the tank has taken off and is getting huge again even after yanking some of it out for my friend. lol Also have a small section of cyano that just will not go away even with red slime remover. Gonna have to work on that too.

As far as stocking I am pretty set on getting a goatfish and that tang I am still waiting on to get back in stock. That should finish off this tank nicely.

I've heard of wrasses burying themselves for a month or even longer! Who knows, he may still be lingering around down there...

hehe...I hope youre right. That would be awesome. :) I still have a sliver of hope but am prepared for the worst. Just stinks that if he is dead I most likely won't find the body since there is so much sand.

Still no sign of the yellow wrasse but that's pretty much what I expected. :-(

I did however get a new fish!!! Finally found a decent sized bi color goatfish, the only options I had were ordering one online but it would have been too small for this tank. lol

Got him last night and he was eating and chilling today so I think he should be ok. Not one fish has bothered him either which I found a little weird, usually a new fish gets harassed at least just a little bit.

But here he is, about 2.5 inches or so and just hanging out.

img_2036804_0_41ba386d26ba3b9c6d9ef87c8626c7b7.jpg

Cool fish carey . Nice colors on him. What type of camera do you use ? You always have nice pics and my IPhone camera hasn't been cutting it for me lately .

Thanks!

I use just a point and shoot nikon. Takes ok pictures but nothing like some of the shots you see on this forum. lol I'd rather spend my cash on fish and coral than a super cool camera. :)

Back
Top Bottom