Carey's 90g FOWLR Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Lefty!

I have both good and bad news though. :-( I found the goatifsh on the sandbed this morning, looks like he's been dead for at least 24hrs. The good news is, I found the yellow wrasse!! I was beyond shocked when he swam out this morning, looked at me, got chased by the blue wrasse and then dove back into the sand. I was certain he was a goner, it's been like 3 weeks at least since he went MIA. So found a fish, lost a fish.........

I know, right? That seems to be my luck though...

I'm also going to check out a white tail bristletooth tang this week!!! One of my LFS emailed me and said they got one in by mistake. I find it hard to believe that someone local has been able to get one while I've been on the liveaquria waiting list since before Christmas for the same fish. But if he has it I'm getting it. He;s had it in qt for 2 weeks so far so it should be good to go. That would almost finish stocking this tank. I really want another goatfish and I think I want to add a lawnmower blenny as well. THEN I will be fully stocked and I can just enjoy the tank. :)

Can't believe it's been so long to get this tank stocked, but it's probably a good thing. lol

I know! No one can actually get one, they ALL say they can but they never do. lol

This guy says it was mis shipped as an orange shoulder tang but he said no way no how was it actually that fish. I get to go check it out either wednesday or thursday, I get paid on wednesday so I wanna get him asap if it's the right fish. :)

Hiya Carey, any news on the white tail bristletooth tang? I'm hoping to get one for my tank so hope you get yours, I wanna see pics lol :)

I'm going tomorrow to check out the tang. :) Very excited to see if it looks like it does online. lol

Not sure if I mentioned it yet, but the goatfish didn't make it. :-( Took 2 days to find his body. I really really want another one so I am on the lookout for one. Not a single fish even messed with goatie once so it wasn't aggression that got him, probably should have bought from a more reputable store is my guess.

Hiya Carey, did you get round to having a look at that whitetailed tang? I've asked my Lfs to try order me one in, they said they've never had one before but will try and get me one. I won't be holding my breath tho and will probably settle for a tomini or a kole instead.

The tang i went to look at was not the one I wanted. :-( It was a bristletooth just not red. :-(

It's going on 8 months or more that i have been waiting for this fish, I wonder if anyone can get one. lol

carey said:
The tang i went to look at was not the one I wanted. :-( It was a bristletooth just not red. :-(

It's going on 8 months or more that i have been waiting for this fish, I wonder if anyone can get one. lol

Argh that sucks, I was hoping it would be the one you want, it would of gave me hope of finding one lol.

Too bad! The White Tail is on my list as well. I'm dying to find someone that actually has one. I was considering a Two Spot/ Blue Eye (and found one), but think I'm going to give the search a little longer. If I come across somewhere that can get them, I will let you know.

carey said:
Thanks Redsea...where have you been???? I've missed you....How are your tanks?

Thanks. I am happy to be back. As for as the aquariums go, I haven't lost any fish recently. I do need to do a much better job with the chores though.

Was at my reef club meeting tonight which was held at a newer LFS and found a really great fish! Got myself a very small, maybe 2 inches, lunar wrasse. :)

Hopefully he does well. So far he has chased the blue headed wrasse which is about 5 inches and has been chased by my coral hogfish, pretty aggressively too. Just hoping the fish settle down overnight, I knew the lunar was aggressive so I figured he'd do ok in the tank. Hoping I didn't make a bad judgement call on this purchase. Great looking fish and he was only $8!!!

I did feed the tank and he ate like they didnt feed him at the store so at least he isnt so stressed he didn't eat. So thats a good sign at least. :)

Anyone have any experience with these lunar wrasses? Do they generally get along with other aggressive and semi aggressive fish? Any input would be great!

thanks everyone for following!

i have not had any personal experience with them but, if i remember correctly, ive read in other threads that they are butt holes.

LOL, so far he has chased the blue wrasse but left everyone else alone. he hasn't gone into the sand yet so I figure he isnt so scared he has to hide, but just watched the blue wrasse chase him around the tank and rocks for the last ten minutes. :( he seems like a ballsy little guy so far. Hoping I havent put too many aggressive fish together.

I hated my lunar wrasse. Could not wait to get rid of him. I fought everyone. Beautiful and active, but really mean.

Back
Top Bottom