Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-24-2011, 12:01 AM   #641
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Actually i stand corrected, the stand is 42!!! inches tall.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:09 AM   #642
Aquarium Advice Addict

thats tall for a stand. ill agree with the hight making the tank more viewable. i made my stand 36" tall for my 40b and love it.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:55 AM   #643
Aquarium Advice Addict

I like the setup Carey. By the way I hope you don't have any electrician inspectors floating around with those cords. LOL, Looks like my living room at the moment. I'm thinking most Aquarists wouldn't pass any electrical/safety inspections hehehe.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:02 AM   #644
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Actually i stand corrected, the stand is 42!!! inches tall.
I thought it looked tall, mine on the way is 36". It looks like it is coming along nicely!
Old 12-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #645
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks guys!

I'm hoping to get that one section of electrical cords out of the way soon. Either find an electrician to install a socket or I'm gonna run the cords to the left from my bedroom. lol

Next hurdle is the sand and rock. I'm wondering after I put it all in how much ammonia I should dose up to make sure the system is ready for fish. I'm pretty sure I won't see a cycle with all the live rock but I wanted to dose to be sure. I was thinking up to 2ppm ammonia would do it.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:14 PM   #646
Aquarium Advice Addict

how soon after you put the cured lr in will you put a fish in? i guess what im insinuating is, whats the difference of walking 5 feet with the lr before it gets wet again and you removing all the fish in the 125 and waiting a day to put them back in?
Old 12-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #647
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

In my mind there isnt much difference at all really. The rock will be out of water for about 10-20 seconds while I run it across the living room LOL.

I'm hoping to be able to put fish in late this coming week or early the following week. I plan on putting 2 MAYBE 3 fish in at first, depends on if i am ordering them or not online. I hate paying the darn shipping! lol
Old 12-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #648
Aquarium Advice Addict

i hate shipping too. la has a lot of fish i want.

are you going to wait to move the rock over to match when you get fish going in?
Old 12-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #649
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I was hoping to get the rock moved tonight. Kinda depends on the boyfriend as I need his help to do the 125g water change which is when I figured would be the best time to get the rock out. I'm hoping a week or so with no fish will be fine, I suspect it will be ok. also not going to overload the bio filter with too many fish at once.

I know the rock from the 125g is good to go, whenever I've lost a fish or when the sea hare died i didn't even see a blip in the parameters.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:20 PM   #650
Aquarium Advice Addict

ok im lost your a more experienced aquariust than i am. 1-2 weeks with no bioload seems like a longtime. i suppose dosing a cap here and there wouldnt hurt.

Tags
build, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com