Carey's 90g FOWLR Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The foxface will probably not make the cut on this tank. I have wanted one for some time but the venom thing is kinda a turn off. lol

Got a half black angel and I love him. Was a spazz when I first got him in the tank just swam everywhere for about a day. Now he is very calm. Still swims everywhere in and out of the rock. But by far very cool looking fish.

I've updated my list a bit. :)

No foxface. And just one angel. It's a toss up between the lemonpeel and the half black one. Seems the blue spotted is recommended for mature tanks so off the list he goes.

Can any of these fish below be added to a reef tank btw? SO maybe I can put one or two I like into there instead. :)

soldierfish, chalk bass, blue hamlet or hawkfish?

I'm still determined to get a butterfly and will be reading up more and more on the ones I listed above. I only spent about 10 hours on this list so I'm sure with more research I can rule out some of them. :)

I thought the hawkfish was ok with a reef as long as there were not to small fish that he will eat.

Sleeperr34 said:
I thought the hawkfish was ok with a reef as long as there were not to small fish that he will eat.

Hawk is great in a reef...

carey said:
I've updated my list a bit. :)

No foxface. And just one angel. It's a toss up between the lemonpeel and the half black one. Seems the blue spotted is recommended for mature tanks so off the list he goes.

Can any of these fish below be added to a reef tank btw? SO maybe I can put one or two I like into there instead. :)

soldierfish, chalk bass, blue hamlet or hawkfish?

I'm still determined to get a butterfly and will be reading up more and more on the ones I listed above. I only spent about 10 hours on this list so I'm sure with more research I can rule out some of them. :)

Y no foxface?????

Relax. U will see him coming and I doubt he ever will... Don't see them stinging other fish.

I've watched mine and had no issues. As long as they r fed, they are fine.

How often do u feed urs. I hate that I can only feed once a day since I'm working 15hr days.

Sleeperr34 said:
How often do u feed urs. I hate that I can only feed once a day since I'm working 15hr days.

That's fine. I usually throw in a frozen shrimp cube and pellets. Don't feed them again.

Ok, I'm making some decisions now. For the angel i want either the half black or the Black nox. Whichever I can get will do . Theres a wait list for the black nox on LA which is where I'm intending on getting my stock. They both have the look I want and they seem to have similar dietary needs which I can meet.

So only one angel.

Haven't come up with anyplace that has soldier fish, I know my LFS has one though so I'd like to keep him on the list.

The chalk bass I think I;m gonna put in the 125g so he's out of contention for the 90g.

So far, one angel, one soldierfish.

Gonna research some more and then update the list again.
:)

honestly Carey the foxface wouldnt be an issue in terms of stinging, i know they are 2 different fish but my lion wants absolutely nothing to do with me when im in the tank, and like the foxface, their venomous spines are defensive weapons:) only get used when threatened. unless someone were to carelessly reach into and behind rocks, you wont get stung:)

Back
Top Bottom