Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #701
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The lemon peel angel doesnt look very good. :-( She's hiding and she stopped eating today. Also seems to be breathing very fast.

Tested the water of course and everything is in order. Not sure she will make it through the night. Total bummer, shes my little "angel"

Old 01-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #702
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Night just gets worse. Just found my b/f's clown fish outside the tank in the back. Thats the second clown I've lost. :-(

Don't believe I'm gonna lose 2 fish tonight. Very discouraged right now.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #703
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Night just gets worse. Just found my b/f's clown fish outside the tank in the back. Thats the second clown I've lost. :-(

Don't believe I'm gonna lose 2 fish tonight. Very discouraged right now.
I am sorry carey. You clearly didn't do anything wrong (like skipping a water change). We know that your water is kept in pristine conditions!

I hope your Angel pulls through.
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #704
Aquarium Advice Addict

Carey please dint be discouraged. Your tanks are amazing and immaculate. I lost two flame angles in a week and a half. Im not happy about it but like you, I did all I could to make a survivable environment for them. These things happen.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:09 PM   #705
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks. I really hope I wake up to her being fine but she's now on the sand on her side. I think it's just a matter of time. She seemed to fade in color too so it probably wont be long now for her. She was fine for a few days too, just kinda surprised. All the other fish are doing well so hopefully she will be an isolated experience.

Now to explain to my boyfriend that another of his fish picks has jumped the rim. :-( I just know he's gonna be bummed, he really took the last clown badly.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #706
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Ugh! I hate when that happens. I'm having a similar incident with some of my LPS. Sorry to hear it.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #707
Aquarium Advice Freak

Was that a lemon peel angel? It kinda looked like the mimic tang with its spot below its eye. But not gonna question ur tanks at all with the sucess u had but maybe stocked this one a little quick??
Old 01-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #708
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah, it could be anything. I did let the tank go for like a week and a half with no fish and just the live rock. I tested daily and no spikes. I've also been testing daily since i added the fish and so far all is well, just a touch of nitrates and 0 on the others.

and yep, it was a lemon peel, I found her this morning under a rock. :-(

Waiting to call live aquaria and see what I have to do to get my credit. I'd really like another angel though si I will most likely try again with one. BUT I won't be able to order for a couple weeks yet as the shipping charges are killer. I will most likely wait until I am ready to order some more fish and then get her again.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #709
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry for the loss.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #710
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks twitch, I was really bummed last night what with two fish passing, it took me a long time to fall asleep. just hurts my heart when one of my fish doesnt make it. I still havent gotten used to losing fish yet, not sure I ever will. Thats probably a good thing though, if the time comes when it doesnt hurt that is probably the time I should leave the hobby.......

Tags
build, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com