Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #731
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Oh, this tank is for sure staying fish only. I was just concerned that one of the fish would eat the starfish. lol I do prefer the red knobby looking stars, I had a red one in the reef but it slowly disinegrated over a week or so. :-(

Can you have more than one star fish? Like a red one and a CC one? Or will they attack each other?

Old 01-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #732
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Oh, this tank is for sure staying fish only. I was just concerned that one of the fish would eat the starfish. lol I do prefer the red knobby looking stars, I had a red one in the reef but it slowly disinegrated over a week or so. :-(

Can you have more than one star fish? Like a red one and a CC one? Or will they attack each other?
Yes you can. I have the general with two sea serpents.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #733
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Super! thanks! now off to browse starfish! LOL
Old 01-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #734
Aquarium Advice Addict

i think its ok to have two in your tank. ha our african whatever it is tried to chase down the sand sifting star. or at least thats what it looked like.... a slow race. after about a foot the big star decided to hang out on the glass.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #735
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Just brought home a new fish!! A flame Hawk! woot! been wanting one for quite some time. He's acclimating now. Also paid for a red coris wrasse today, he just came in so the store will hold him til next week as a precaution.

All the fish are doing well still, the butterfly continues to eat like a pig and the bream has taken on a very neat personable quality, always looking at what youre doing and very inquisitive. Hope he makes it to big size, he's still so small. lol

Will have pictures up soon!
Old 01-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #736
Aquarium Advice Addict

Very nice. I'd love to have a flame hawk. Pics pics!!
Old 01-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #737
Aquarium Advice Addict

Flame hawk always make my shrimp disappear.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #738
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yep Twitch, thats exactly why i've been waiting to do a fowlr with NO shrimp lol

Just put in the flame hawk and some mysis and brine and he ate so looks like he is gonna be ok. Always love when a new fish eats right away, makes me worry less.

Here are some pictures of the 90g and some of the fish, once I started snapping away with the camera i couldnt stop! LOL

Old 01-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #739
Aquarium Advice Addict

Pretty fish! I like the look of the rock.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #740
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks so much! Always appreciate kind words.

So far one small issue with the flame hawk, my butterfly is chasing it! I turned the lights down to blues hoping it will chill out some. I got like the easiest and most wimpy butterfly too!

Tags
build, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com