Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #761
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha ya hes a magnificent fish! I just looked them up on LA and they get bigger then i thought! Its also crazy how their colors change from juvie to adult! Very cool!

Old 01-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #762
Aquarium Advice Addict

What a cool fish! The tank is looking fantastic!

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #763
Aquarium Advice Addict

cool looking little fish.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #764
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think it was smart of you to get a juvenile, that way you can watch him change into his adult coloration.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:56 AM   #765
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea View Post
I think it was smart of you to get a juvenile, that way you can watch him change into his adult coloration.
made me go back and check it out. now i want one for my 125 fowlr
Old 01-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #766
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The color change is awesome for the red coris, can't wait for that to start happening. I do like how he looks now though, lol, but it will be neat to see such a drastic change in his appearance.

So far the red coris has been picked on by most every fish in the tank. :-( The six line and the yellow coris seem the most intent on annoying him. Hope they settle down a bit, I hate seeing the red coris being chased.

Not sure but supposedly the coris will jet under the sand when scared but so far he only went under the sand last night at lights out. So maybe the other fish arent bothering him as much as it looks like? Just worrying too much probably, I always expect the fish to get along.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!!
Old 01-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #767
Aquarium Advice Addict

i got a yellow coris wrasse, they where supposed to hide under the sand too. this guy hid alllllllll the time. then died. maybe keep an eye out for that? dont know if its the same for all of them. just sharing my experience.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #768
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks. My yellow coris shoots right into the sand as soon as the lights go out. I can see the red coris under the sand now, he is still sleeping. lol
Old 01-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #769
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Thanks. My yellow coris shoots right into the sand as soon as the lights go out. I can see the red coris under the sand now, he is still sleeping. lol
Lol, he is quite lazy, isn't he!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:18 AM   #770
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Everything in this tank is nice and settled in finally. The yellow and sixline wrasses were chasing the red coris for the past few days. he only came out for maybe 10 minutes a day and he would zoom back under the sand. Today i got home and all 3 wrasses were hanging out together so I guess they worked out their differences. After much thought I think i am gonna stay with the 3 wrasses I have, I really wanted like 5 or 6 but I think I will have issues in the tank. So this means I need help with stocking this.

The only fish etched in stone is the white tailed bristletooth tang. How about these fish

Purple Tilefish
Filefish
Midas Blenny
Goatfish
Hogfish
Harlequin Tusk
Bi-color angel fish

Any other fish ideas you guys wanna throw in? I'm open to suggestion for sure!

And looking for input as to what inverts I can have. I don't think I can have shrimp or hermits but what about snails? I just ordered a red starfish thats coming on Friday. I also ordered an urchin. Will these guys be ok in my tank? I know my hermit population has gone down. :-(

I will consider semi aggressive fish and peaceful fish as well plus they can be reef unfriendly. LOL

Thanks everyone for reading through yet another o fmy rambling posts.! below are some pictures of the tank and the red coris. Got a shot of him peeking out of the sand to make sure the coast was clear. he is an odd little fellow!

Tags
build, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com