Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-02-2012, 01:23 AM   #771
Aquarium Advice Addict

No inverts at all with tusk. I saw mine rip a snail apart at the lfs yesterday. He's actually in a tank by himself. He's nice if u wanna spend the money.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:24 AM   #772
Aquarium Advice Addict

Heck ya i gotta suggestion! snowflake eel, bicolor angel, marine betta!!

I dont know if these are compatable with the fish you have now, but i saw "make a suggestion" and i just thought i would throw some out there

Old 02-02-2012, 01:37 AM   #773
Aquarium Advice Addict

would an urchin be good for the cuc with the tusk? plus isnt the tusk a wrasse so you get to have 4 of them! and the aussie is a beautiful fish!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:40 AM   #774
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm already on the bi color angel. I put that on the list didn't I? lol My tank cover can stop a jumper but not an eel, he would be outta there in a heartbeat.

Ok, so no inverts with the tusk. Got it. I was thinking the indonesian tusk since the australians are so expensive.

I'd maybe like something that can school, I know it's awesome watching the blue reef chromis in the 125g. What else can school that I can put in a 90g?
Old 02-02-2012, 01:46 AM   #775
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oops sorry i didnt see the bi color! My bad! Maybe a flame? Haha those are pretty cool, and i think it would be REALLY cool if you got like 5-6 bangaii cardinal fish because they look very cool when they school
Old 02-02-2012, 01:50 AM   #776
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh wow that is looking nice. Are you going to use artificial corals? I've wanted to do a FOWLR because there are a lot of fishes that I like that are not reef compatible.
scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:23 AM   #777
Aquarium Advice Activist

How about a tassled filefish
Old 02-02-2012, 03:04 AM   #778
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm not gonna try to make a fake reef, if i want to play with corals I'll use one of my other tanks. Gonna go take another look at the pygmy angel section for some ideas.

I was looking at the tassled filefish, but I kinda like the colored filefish.

So far, does anyone see any conflicts with the fish I have and the ones I'm debating on getting?
Old 02-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #779
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Everything in this tank is nice and settled in finally. The yellow and sixline wrasses were chasing the red coris for the past few days. he only came out for maybe 10 minutes a day and he would zoom back under the sand. Today i got home and all 3 wrasses were hanging out together so I guess they worked out their differences. After much thought I think i am gonna stay with the 3 wrasses I have, I really wanted like 5 or 6 but I think I will have issues in the tank. So this means I need help with stocking this.

The only fish etched in stone is the white tailed bristletooth tang. How about these fish

Purple Tilefish
Filefish
Midas Blenny
Goatfish
Hogfish
Harlequin Tusk
Bi-color angel fish

Any other fish ideas you guys wanna throw in? I'm open to suggestion for sure!

And looking for input as to what inverts I can have. I don't think I can have shrimp or hermits but what about snails? I just ordered a red starfish thats coming on Friday. I also ordered an urchin. Will these guys be ok in my tank? I know my hermit population has gone down. :-(

I will consider semi aggressive fish and peaceful fish as well plus they can be reef unfriendly. LOL

Thanks everyone for reading through yet another o fmy rambling posts.! below are some pictures of the tank and the red coris. Got a shot of him peeking out of the sand to make sure the coast was clear. he is an odd little fellow!

Awesome pics especially that one with the red coris peeking out of the sand! I'm glad the Wrasses have decided to get along!

Have you thought about the Cherub Angelfish? They are cute and have a good amount of blue.
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Pygmy (Cherub) Angelfish
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #780
Aquarium Advice Addict

They school and cool looking... "Poor man's idol"

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Heniochus Black & White Butterflyfish

Tags
build, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com