Carey's 90g FOWLR Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know, but that 55g was my real first success story. It pretty much ran by itself. Ran 0 nitrates with a canister no less, it's a spectacular setup. I'll most miss the lighting, had one cord and digital timers for each set of bulbs. Now it's gonna be back to timers. bleh...

I also won't have the 55 qt availability. I'll have to use a 10g or a 29g. The good thing is I don't plan on adding anything huge to my tanks so they might be enough. I plan on 3 blue reef chromis but they should fir ok for a couple weeks in a 29g. Still have to get the 29g from my b/f's mom and clean it up. lol

I hope someone buys it who knows what they are doing. Hate to have it fall into the wrong hands. lol

But youre right, once I sell it I get to mess with the 90g. and all the new learning that will come with it. Thats something to look forward to. And a fowlr tank to boot, havent done one of those really.

Nope no stand yet. But I did list my 55g setup today so I'm hopeful I will get this one rolling soon.

And yes. I AM using this new setup. I really thought hard about it and figured it would cost me a good 1k to get the same exact equipment so why not have a go at it.

I was always saying after I sold the 55g I would place another in that spot, either a 90 or a 120 as I only have 4 feet to play with.

This setup fell into my lap, I consider it fate.
:-D

Nope no stand yet. But I did list my 55g setup today so I'm hopeful I will get this one rolling soon.

And yes. I AM using this new setup. I really thought hard about it and figured it would cost me a good 1k to get the same exact equipment so why not have a go at it.

I was always saying after I sold the 55g I would place another in that spot, either a 90 or a 120 as I only have 4 feet to play with.

This setup fell into my lap, I consider it fate.
:-D

Good luck selling your 55g! Do you think this will be your last tank? Maybe you could put a tank on the kitchen island lol.

I just emptied the pico off the counter today. I think I may put the qt in the kitchen though. lol Where I had my 10g setup that I sold the other day.

I just emptied the pico off the counter today. I think I may put the qt in the kitchen though. lol Where I had my 10g setup that I sold the other day.

Oh ok, I know where you are talking about (next to my blue's tank, right?)

Wow, you DID watch the video. thank you. :)

Yepper, the only spot I have left. Should be able to fit a 29g with stand in there.

Wow, you DID watch the video. thank you. :)

Yepper, the only spot I have left. Should be able to fit a 29g with stand in there.

I have a funny story about your video. When I turn of my computer I have it set so it opens everything back up when I turn it on. The other day I went to go turn it on, and then went to the other computer while I was waiting. After about a minute I hear coming from the other room "When you walk in my front door the first thing you see is the 125g reef". It took me a little while to figure out what was going on. I then realized that I had watched the video and then shut down the computer the day before. Therefore the video began playing automatically:lol:

@redsea, thats hilarious, just what you wanna hear out of nowhere. lol

Tomorrow is my weekly shopping day! First order of business is pricing a stand for the 90g. I have a few stores I plan on checking out. My fave lfs has a carpenter who builds custom stands so hopefully I can get his number as well.

And theres always the good chance that I may come home with a new purchase of something. lol

Still in the market for a midas blenny and some itty bitty fish for the 20g. I'm even considering a sand sifting star fish, well maybe, if he has one and I feel ambitious. hehehe

On another note, if this tank is coral free i can get a regular old chocolate chip starfish correct? They arent too bad, at least for a starter starfish.

Can't wait til tomorrow so I can get a feel for when I can setup this thing. I'm starting to get antsy. Poor tank is still wrapped and packaged just sitting in the garage and the sump is intriguing, I'd like to get it up and full of water so I can try to plumb it. :-D

Cool, cant wait to see what you get tomorrow. I like Midas blennys too, they are active. Maybe I will get one when I upgrade......

There's also a slight chance he will have my blue reef chromis! Another reason for me to get excited! lol I;m betting no midas blenny though, havent seen one in his shop for months. But I do know he had a red headed goby that would be just perfect for my 20g.
hehe

carey said:
There's also a slight chance he will have my blue reef chromis! Another reason for me to get excited! lol I;m betting no midas blenny though, havent seen one in his shop for months. But I do know he had a red headed goby that would be just perfect for my 20g.
hehe

You can have more then 1 goby or bleeny?

Back
Top Bottom