Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #911
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cool, I hope he does well for you.

Watching videos is so much fun! I definitely do live vicariously. LOL, whenever you get a new a fish I say to my family "Carey got a new fish!",

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #912
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Sadly, i think I have lost my yellow coris wrasse. :-(

When I put the blue headed wrasse in he tormented the yellow one the first day and the yellow went into the sand. It's been a few weeks and no sign of the yellow wrasse. He didn't jump or get into the overflow, I've checked everywhere. So I most likely have a decaying fish somewhere under my 6 inches of sandbed. :-(

Other than the yellow wrasse going MIA the tank is doing well. Still have some diatoms but the silly engineer goby keeps making HUGE mountains of sand and disturbing the sandbed so I think thats the reason it shows up. The little xenia that I have in the tank has taken off and is getting huge again even after yanking some of it out for my friend. lol Also have a small section of cyano that just will not go away even with red slime remover. Gonna have to work on that too.

As far as stocking I am pretty set on getting a goatfish and that tang I am still waiting on to get back in stock. That should finish off this tank nicely.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #913
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I've heard of wrasses burying themselves for a month or even longer! Who knows, he may still be lingering around down there...
Old 07-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #914
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

hehe...I hope youre right. That would be awesome. I still have a sliver of hope but am prepared for the worst. Just stinks that if he is dead I most likely won't find the body since there is so much sand.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #915
Aquarium Advice Addict

I hope he's just playing hide and seek on you like mine does.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #916
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Still no sign of the yellow wrasse but that's pretty much what I expected. :-(

I did however get a new fish!!! Finally found a decent sized bi color goatfish, the only options I had were ordering one online but it would have been too small for this tank. lol

Got him last night and he was eating and chilling today so I think he should be ok. Not one fish has bothered him either which I found a little weird, usually a new fish gets harassed at least just a little bit.

But here he is, about 2.5 inches or so and just hanging out.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #917
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Cool fish carey . Nice colors on him. What type of camera do you use ? You always have nice pics and my IPhone camera hasn't been cutting it for me lately .
^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Hondatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #918
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks!

I use just a point and shoot nikon. Takes ok pictures but nothing like some of the shots you see on this forum. lol I'd rather spend my cash on fish and coral than a super cool camera.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #919
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I know some of the camera's people have up here are ridiculous lol. How big does that goat fish get ?
^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Hondatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #920
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

hehe I believe it can get to 10 inches or so.

Tags
build, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com