Carey's 90g FOWLR Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I picked up a 90g drilled tank with a single overflow today. Has a skimmer and pump, a mag 9.5 for the return and a sealife 200 sump.

I'm debating selling it but unsure so I want you guys to help me decide.

First off I have NO IDEA how this holes in the bottom thing works. It's got 2 holes in the bottom but has 2 flex pipes going to the sump. Where does the water get returned from ans go through?

Here are ALOT of pictures I hope they can help you help me....

img_1527779_0_9cb4b3f565a13caeaa906b103e247d98.jpg

img_1527779_1_1457891a60dd1d931c905485dd230a30.jpg

img_1527779_2_e6eb049aac98d255cc229af4e480f7f9.jpg

img_1527779_3_d18c8c49d847ad3d2277872f5245607e.jpg

I think I figured out finally how to get the water into the first skimmer chamber but after that I'm lost. Does it fill to the top and overflow into the bioballs chamber?

That looks brand new! Did you get it from a 3rd party or did you get it form a store? I'm trying to understand getting it then selling it.... (I know you have a ton of tanks but seriously? Do you turn it for a profit?)

the water should overflow into the bioballs chamber, and where it says pro series is where the return pump should go. thats about all i can tell from the pics. give me an above shot of the sump and a pic inside the chamber in the tank

Iodizedfate said:
That looks brand new! Did you get it from a 3rd party or did you get it form a store? I'm trying to understand getting it then selling it.... (I know you have a ton of tanks but seriously? Do you turn it for a profit?)

She got it from someone who put it on craigslist.

And the 1 inch pipe is for the drainage and 3/4 for the return, the elbow and insert should fit together with the nozzle on the end of that. get a good aquarium sealant for the bulkhead to put through the tank wait at least 48 hours for the sealant to dry then put a little more around the fitting to make sure you have a good seal! don't want any leaks :(

And the 1 inch pipe is for the drainage and 3/4 for the return, the elbow and insert should fit together with the nozzle on the end of that. get a good aquarium sealant for the bulkhead to put through the tank wait at least 48 hours for the sealant to dry then put a little more around the fitting to make sure you have a good seal! don't want any leaks :(

This is EXACTLY the stuff I don't understand. lol I have to silicone the pipes that got through the holes in the bottom of the tank?

It's 75%- 25% in favor of keeping the 90g. I just sold my 20L community tank, and I need to sell 2 other 55g setups. I will be getting a 29g for a qt from my future mom in law soon too. So that'll be covered.

Considering I paid about the price of the mag drive for the WHOLE setup I could turn almost a grand in profit, give or take a little. It was a miracle deal. lol

thats one **** of a deal. yes theyre should be rubber gaskets for the bulkhead connects but i wouldnt trust just a rubber gasket. yes you have to put them through there and the 1" tube should fit in the bulkhead i believe and thats the drain and same thing for the return side. i wish i still lived in ocala i would just come help you and we'd have it done in a few hours. but the best thing to do for a video referance is check youtube

So the drain and return are both located in the black box thing in the tank? I have two inlets for the sump but only 2 holes in the bottom of the tank. Or do I connect each flex hose to each hole on the bottom and just run a return line like in a regular non drilled tank?

The answers to these questions will determine whether I use or or sell it. LOL

I'm still feeling like I wanna keep it. hehe...But I am selling off tanks so uit all evens out.

As far as the bioballs, they should be fine for a non reef application correct?

So I've spent the last few hours trying to figure out this drilled tank thing. I've read the instructions for the drilled parts kit and it says the intake pipe goes into the black overflow box and the return pump equipment with nozzle is included and it says it goes in the other hole on the tank.

BUT I have a dual intake and only two holes in the tank. Do I need to get a third hole drilled? Or do I split off theintake into two lines before it goes down into the sump.

Theres also no filter sock or room apparently for one, the first chamber is the skimmer and two long white pvc pipes with holes in it to fill up that section. I;m guessing whenthe water gets to a certain height it will overflow into the bioballs section, going through the tray with filter pad and thne onto the balls.Then there is a large sponge that leads to the return section.

Help guys, really confused.

Yea both r in the black thing. I would throw bio balls in there or run a PVC pipe up to the top or the water running down it will be very loud ( so I have Hurd ).

I would run PVC pipe from the drain hole to a T joint and then to each point for the sump.

Now this is stuff I have been reading and looking up for when I start working on my 210 sitting in my living room. Have not tested any of it at All. But it's what I have seen a decent amount of.

Not sure about the balls for none reef.

Here are some more pictures. I got the first compartment setup I think. Just confused why I have a double intake and two flex hoses and only 2 holes. How do I get the water back from the return pump?

img_1528238_0_6ada9762fa10585acca077ffd73dee92.jpg

img_1528238_1_0d34c12d27cc8ce06f1c632d1cf5a415.jpg

img_1528238_2_29f7cab37e439d3198b0778b2ad377eb.jpg

img_1528238_3_12b34a9c48b58d51717c25f23d1ddd56.jpg

Back
Top Bottom