Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-29-2011, 01:07 PM   #1001
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Ok. clarified. LOL I was getting confused. i will post from the lfs if I have any other questions, I'm heading out the door.

Check these out!!!! Now that's something I could really dig....

Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Denģ - Amphiprion ocellaris

Yah those are really neat!

I might try to put a pair of clowns in our large tank, I'm scared to with our maroon clown though. He's not overly aggressive to our fish now but clowns would be a different story I'm sure.

Can't wait to see what you pick up today : )

0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:03 PM   #1002
Aquarium Advice Freak

Those clowns are nice. And they are reasonably priced too. I like the Picasso ones they had but I doubt I'll be able afford them. Will you add the clowns to your Biocube?

1Vampiregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:28 PM   #1003
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

My plan is to add a set someday. lol Preferably some kind of designer clown.

One of my candycane gobies came in today!!! The other and the citron will be in on Tuesday!! I didn't even actually order them but the giurl just called and said it was in. lol

I'm gonna post a new aquisition thread since I got alot of cool stuff today!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:37 PM   #1004
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Well, it appears scooter doesn't like bloodworms. They are nasty! I suppose I should have guessed they'd be bright red but I didn't. yuck...

I tried to get the food to him via a turkey baster but he bugged out and ran behind the rocks. Is that the best way to target feed?

Should I just keep giving him brine? I know I saw him eat some if it, but I don't think it is nutritionally sound. I also will cut up the mysis shrimp, I couldnt find any baby mysis today. :-(
Old 04-29-2011, 06:06 PM   #1005
Aquarium Advice Addict

haha yah they look gross. Keep trying, mix the blood worms with some brine or something, that's how i got my mandarin off of just brine, mixing the mysis or blood worms with the brine while feeding.

When are you bringing your candy cane goby home?? It might be better to add them at the same time, well it is for other types of fish anyways haha i don't know about the candy canes.
0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:29 PM   #1006
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'd try just holding the turkey baster with food in it for a while without trying to get it closer to the scooter. Eventually he should get over it and come out of hiding. Then you can squeeze the food lightly trying not to move much. Maybe that way he'll get used to seeing that thing around and take it as an ugly decoration or even food source - lol.

I'm not sure if it's possible but I did something like that when I had to catch a murderous monster (blackmouth chromis). I had a trap with a door that I had to close when the fish was inside. The smart monster hid as soon as he spotted the trap and I spent hours waiting for him! And my other fish were afraid of it too but as it was there without moving or anything they got used to having it around.

Waiting for new pics!
1Vampiregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:32 PM   #1007
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

They are holding it until the other ones come in. Then i can add the three at once. they are gonna be soo tiny. I hope not too small. These are the perfect fish for a 10g I think. lol

I'll try a brine, bloodworm and mysis mix later and see what he likes. Theres still pods on the glass so he hasn't wiped them out yet. I just wish his belly would fill up like my blenny's does.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:15 PM   #1008
Aquarium Advice Addict

1000 replies nice ;d
makes me want to buy a new tank but i'm strapped for cash at the moment
scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:55 AM   #1009
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have to admit I am tapped money wise right now. LOL Too many tanks and too much startup costs.

So as an update I haven't seen the scooter eat yesterday or today yet. :-( He is very lively though I hope that's a good sign.

My pod tank has cleared up really well, added some cube pwc water to fill it up. Cant stand to waste possible pods in the water lol i also added a jar of pods in there with the sump pods so now I just wait and see if they grow.

I'm very excited and scared that my new fish should be here tuesday. I hate surprises. hehe
Old 04-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #1010
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfisher1139 View Post
The pandas are cute, but tiny. Mine hides so deep in a piece of lr it takes removing the rock and using a flashlight to see it! Just a warning cause I know how particular you are about knowing where your livestock is.
I have a red neon goby that is like that. I don't really pull the rock out to look at it though, just see it for literally 2 seconds during feeding time when it darts out, grabs some food and then back in.

Tags
bio, bio cube, build, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com