Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-30-2011, 09:24 AM   #1011
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxb161 View Post
I have a red neon goby that is like that. I don't really pull the rock out to look at it though, just see it for literally 2 seconds during feeding time when it darts out, grabs some food and then back in.

Isn;t that the way though? I never see my pistol shrimp and hardly ever catch my serpent star out and about. Even my royal gramma I can't find when I want. It's like dumping money into a tank with no payoff! LOL
j/k I love my tanks soo much.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:58 AM   #1012
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Isn;t that the way though? I never see my pistol shrimp and hardly ever catch my serpent star out and about. Even my royal gramma I can't find when I want. It's like dumping money into a tank with no payoff! LOL
j/k I love my tanks soo much.
As long as I see them once in a while, it makes me smile. There are always a few hiders in the bunch. I like to feed my serpent with a long set of tweezers I have. I can usually see a leg, and it'll come closer when it smells the chunks of meat Lately I just enjoy going down to the sump and see what's in there. Yesterday I found a new shelled thing that is multiplying, saw 3 of them at once, so I'm sure there are more. Such a fun hobby.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:12 AM   #1013
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's what I can't wait for. I am going to love seeing these critters.
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:33 AM   #1014
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

When I fed my goby some squid just now one of the serpents legs came from behind a rock and grabbed a piece! I was like no way, how cool is that? I can sit for hours and watch what goes on in the tanks. Always finding something new or seeing something for the first time.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:07 PM   #1015
Aquarium Advice Addict

Any luck feeding scooter today? (since the last post)

ps - I got my pico up and running, added some new picturess : )
0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #1016
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have tried at least 10 different things. :-( He seems to maybe eat some of the emerald entree frozen cubes, but I can't be 100%. I've been turning off all the flow and trying the turkey baster. I added some to the rocks to, I figure he's always pecking at the rocks maybe he'll peck up some food. lol

I'm heading over to your thread to check it out! Nice!
Old 04-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #1017
Aquarium Advice Addict

Awe well keep trying, it takes time! Is he still eating brine??

And I'm just waiting for my photos of the sand to upload, they will be up soon.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #1018
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

the emerald entree has brine in it and mysis and bunch of other stuff. I wasn't successful with growing my brine eggs I don't think lol. I left them outside but it got cold last night.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #1019
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think they take a few days to hatch, they are really small to begin with too, shining a flashlight in helps to see them. I bet they will still hatch, I have a little bag of the already shelled eggs (so they hatch quicker) and they are kept in the fridge. I usually just poor some eggs into an ice cream bucket and float it in my sump with a bubbler.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:30 PM   #1020
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I found a steal on CL!! I got 95 lbs of base rock for $50.

I put some in the pod tank, some in my 29g reg sw (has my bad behaving clowns right now) and I plan on putting some more in the cube too. Good news is I now have enough rock in total for a 125g. I officially have 220lbs.

Just gotta get some lr to seed the pod tank and the 29g. I think I may keep the 29g reg tank as a fowlr for now. I'm real tempted to not sell it after all. LOL

Tags
bio, bio cube, build, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com