Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Platinum clowns? really? lol I have no idea what those are. I was thinking snowflakes maybe, picasso or unmarked red ones. Such a selection but I have to decide wisely cause I can only have 1 set in this tank and already have 2 sets in the 55g. There will be no more clowns even if I go to the 125g. :-(

I think I want a blenny as first fish. Maybe work my way up to really expensive fish. My max so far is $40 a fish for my ora B&W's.

Since I pretty much walked the lr across the living room will there still be die off? The 4 lbs from the lfs today took me about an hour to get back into water so that might help.

If it was exposed to air there will be die-off. Both will work well.

I was joking because platinums are the most expensive clowns I've ever seen. Almost pure white.

ORA Platinum Percula Clownfish

^They have them for $200 a pop!

What kind of blenny were you looking at? I saw two tiny sailfins at my LFS, very cool looking and those sailfins were bigger than they were!

Almost as pricey as a platinum pair! Those go for like $600.

ORA produces some great fish, I was just looking at what all they have and there is a TON! They're located in Ft. Pierce too!

Super cute! but yes super expensive!! My lfs had a pair of them for 125 each and i thought that was pricey haha maybe i should have gotten them, oh well i love my picassos:)

one of the fish stores in daytona has a pair of snowflakes for only $90 each. Still a bit too pricey for me. I'm hoping they drop the price soon, they've been there for almost 3 weeks I think. They are itty bitty though, I'd be afraid to buy em lol

I would like another lawnmower blenny, just seems like I should get fish that i don't have already though. It'll be bad enough with 3 pairs of clowns!

But seriously, any suggestions on a different blenny? And how many fish would you put in this 29? My old 29g had more length to it than this tiny cube so I knew that could hold at least 4 fish.

If I do add a mandarin it won't be for quite awhile if at all.
I've been doing ALOT of thinking and people really have me scared to buy one. I talked to girl at the store other day and she urged me not to get one as well and I trust her opinion alot.

I'm looking at some Australian Black Percula's what do you think of those?

wow
never have seen the variety in clownfish
only the orange/white nemo's i have, and the black and white one at the LFS
interesting!!

I'm not familiar with them. Gotta link?

OK!! This stupid cube has now leaked from all three sides and I've siliconed them up the best i could. I'm figuring I'll have to buy another cube within a few weeks.. :-(

Use a product called lexel I think it's the name you have to wet the surface a little bit but that stuff works like a charm

Where not to use Lexel
Lexel should not be used in areas of continuous submersion (i.e., aquariums or swimming pools).

Not sure its safe for the fishies...lol

Well it's sealed alot of stuff for me I think it would be fine just let it dry out

kms907 said:
The australian black perculas are beautiful! haha yah i either look on aquatic connection or live aquaria for fish, my two fav sites!

Yea those fish are beautiful I wonder if they will get along with my clown fish I have now?

Back
Top Bottom