Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #1171
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I have a 24g JBJ nano (was meant to get a 28 HQI, but Dr F and S sent the wrong tank; Not a big deal since the tank gets way hot and I'd rather not get a chiller for 100 dollars. They reimbursed me, so I spent 200 dollars on flow and filtration instead ).

Did you say your tank overheats? I just keep my hood open, and when I'm out of the room turn a fan on to blow against the side. Temp never goes over 80.5.

I run electrical appliances underwater and enjoy injecting things with Kalk filled syringes.
Sarcothelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #1172
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettababe1011 View Post
Yay!! Being careful is very good!!
Wasn't that Mr. Rogers episode incredible? I loved that one.

Marconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #1173
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I've always had immediate results when putting fish in but this time it's different. The citron is pretty much on the sand behind some rock and I've only spotted one candycane once.
i have the lights off and the one powerhead off since the fish are so tiny.

is this normal? Will they venture out tomorrow? I'm kinda feeling the need to rip apart the tank to make sure everyone is ok. I know i shouldn't but I'm getting worried.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #1174
Aquarium Advice Activist

I put a new red band goby in my tank tonight a bout 5 hrs ago not seen him yet just disappeared 
Old 05-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #1175
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
whenever i add fish they always hide for a day or 2 except clowns they always hang out infront whenever i add them to any tank
Old 05-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #1176
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I've never oredered fish online though so maybe they are stressed from the trip. Just hate seeing the citron on the sand, its kinda just sitting there, not on it's side best i can tell. i just spent a small fortune on these tiny fish and don't wanna lose any.

The citron is kinda a green hue now, he was orange when I put him in. Not sure if he's not well or just trying to camo himself.

on a really good note, the scooter ate like a pig today. he ate like a quarter cube of prepared. The only problem is it was a variety pack and i don't know which is the one he likes! LOL
Old 05-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #1177
Aquarium Advice Addict

i always order my live stock online usually from liveaquaria is that where you ordered yours?
Old 05-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #1178
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Nope. I went through petsolutions. I got the biocube there cause it was the cheapest and they gave me a $30 credit for shopping there so I used it. it was free shipping basically. they did an awesome job in packaging them, even had blackout bags so they couldn't see the light. also made it so I couldn't see the fish without a flashlight lol

You think they are ok in there? I could move some rock and see if the citron moves. He's been back there since 2:30. :-(
Old 05-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #1179
Aquarium Advice Addict

oh ive ordered from them before great company i would leave them be mine are always shell shocked from the shipping the box clearly says dont turn over and live stock inside but a couple times my fedex driver gave me the box upside down lol
Old 05-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #1180
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

My guy was bouncing it around, i was like dude, there's fish in there. he didnt seem to care. Not my regular ups guy. :-(

Tags
bio, bio cube, build, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com