Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-11-2011, 03:28 PM   #1261
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey

How do you get worms in a fw tank? Is it from having live plants? I've luckily never spotted any in my tanks. I would def be grossed out. yech..
No I don't think it was because of the plants. I was too enthusiastic feeding my fish so overfeeding was the most likely cause. Being thoroughly freaked and grossed out, I did some research and those were probably planaria worms. They disappeared after I cut back on the food.

1Vampiregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #1262
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

LOL Thanks for the heads up.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #1263
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So I got a question about the scooter. they are supposed to be like mandarins in that they eat ALL day long. I just fed some prepared food and he totally pigged out and now he has stopped pecking at the sand. Does that mean he is full for now?

I know, silly question...LOL
Old 05-11-2011, 07:07 PM   #1264
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
hey got a question for you does your clownfish ever try to host your elegance? i caught this activity today and the elegance doesnt seem to like it one bit hes closed up pretty small today, before this it got pretty huge so do i just let nature takes its course or try to move the coral somewhere else so they wont bother it
Old 05-11-2011, 07:31 PM   #1265
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Oh yeah hack, all FOUR of my clowns like to host it. And to be honest they are killing mine. I don't know how to discourage them.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:33 PM   #1266
Aquarium Advice Addict

yea i tried yelling at them it didnt work
Old 05-11-2011, 07:35 PM   #1267
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I've moved them out of the tank and rearranged, no luck. I've taken the coral out for a few days, put it back, no luck.
I only have the 2 b&w's hosting it right now, the lone oscellaris is kinda hanging on the other side of the tank.

I hope they settle down, they literally dive bomb into the elegance. lol
Old 05-11-2011, 08:51 PM   #1268
Aquarium Advice Addict

Be careful the clowns don't hurt themselves too, they can literally love the coral to death and then continue to love the skeleton and scratch themselves up pretty bad. Thats why I'm so glad mine are hosting my green mushroom haha maybe get some big hairy mushrooms or something. They might host them if you take the elegance out and put the mushrooms in, might take a few weeks though.
0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:18 PM   #1269
Aquarium Advice Addict

yea its not looking too good right now the elegance is totally closed up
Old 05-11-2011, 11:45 PM   #1270
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Are you gonna start restocking soon?
After I do my PWC on sunday I'm going to make sure the water is good on monday and then get another green chromis.. so I'll have two again.

Then I'll wait a week or two and get a couple of clowns (i am really looking at those maroon/yellow ones!).

Taking it slow! even though it's so hard

scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bio, bio cube, build, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com