Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-13-2011, 03:03 PM   #1281
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have a royal gramma in my 55g, I love her! Don't think there is enough rock in the cube for another. The basslets are really nice too though... so many fish to choose from! I may go for those in my new 125g I got today though.

I just want a swimming around fish lol. The one clown in there is great, he's all over the tank all the time. The others are rarely seen though. In fact I've lost track of my one candycane goby, I have no idea where it is now. :-(

Old 05-13-2011, 03:10 PM   #1282
Aquarium Advice Activist

How about a small flasher wrasse. Alot of swimming going on there. Plus you already have a lid so good on the jumper part. Some of them say 50 gal min which is probably for more swim room but some say 30 which is basically what you have.

If your scooter is eating prepared then wouldn't have to worry about the wrasse picking at your pods.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #1283
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The scooter is eating prepared now, thankfully, but he's still pecking at the pods. Actually, I haven't seen any pods in days. They are usually all over the glass but I think the scooter is still munching them. I was thinkg a wrasse as well, would have to be reef safe too.

If they jump do you think he'll jump the back wall into the rear compartments? I'm always looking in there lol
Old 05-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #1284
Aquarium Advice Activist

Not sure about the jumping into back compartment. I had a carpenters flasher go carpet surfing from my old tank. Not good. Less likely to jump if you don't have other aggressive fish in there though. And the colors on them are great and they swim a ton and with a lot of personality.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #1285
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'll have to give those guys another look then.
Thanks for the suggestion. Cube is gonna be the only covered tank I'll have so its as good a place as any to put em.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:35 PM   #1286
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I'll have to give those guys another look then.
Thanks for the suggestion. Cube is gonna be the only covered tank I'll have so its as good a place as any to put em.
I like the way you think
Old 05-15-2011, 05:57 PM   #1287
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thought of you today when I was at LFS. They had 2 green spot mandarins eating prepared foods. I actually considered getting one but the seemed so small for my 180. They had a psychedelic one too who was really awesome but he seemed totally uninterested in eating at the time and I wasn't willing to take that chance.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #1288
Aquarium Advice Freak

Carey, any new pics here? How the scooter doing? And the one candycane?
1Vampiregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:18 PM   #1289
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I spotted the candycane yesterday, he peeked out for a bit. LOL

The scooter will only eat pods and one type of frozen food, something called emerald entree. he is getting bulkier too at least.

I plan on moving over the male occellaris to this cube when I do the 55g breakdown to move the tank to make room for the 125g.

Then I'd like one more fish. not sure what will go with my uber peaceful ones though. I was looking at maybe a starry blenny? Not sure he'd get along with the scooter though
Old 05-15-2011, 09:51 PM   #1290
Aquarium Advice Activist

I saw a starry blenny today. Neat looking but pretty much just perched on the rocks. Not a lot of swimming going on there.

Tags
bio, bio cube, build, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com