Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #1301

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Not really. He'll go up sometimes when I feed but otherwise he's bottom to middle. He does like a hidey hole though.
Interesting. What's the smallest tank you think he could fit in?

Old 05-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #1302
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

If he were the only fish i think he could go into a ten. I think they reach 3.5 inches when fully grown.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #1303
Aquarium Advice Freak

That citron is really cute! But the scooter is still my favorite fish in you tank!
1Vampiregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #1304
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I guess he's my fave too, I spend sooo much more time, money and attention on him over the others. LOL he is still only eating emerald entree frozen food. I just bought 4 more this past week with no luck. Cyclopeez, plankton, minced clam, mysis, brine, baby, brine and about 6 or 7 assorted cube packages.
he has cost me over $200 if you count the food and pod tank. Which by the way seems to be cycled now. Finally...

I have seen just a few larger pods on the rocks but the smaller ones are starting to appear on the glass.

And I have actively been trying to get a picture of the scooter with his sailfin thing up, he is such a tease. But I'll get him eventually....
Old 05-18-2011, 08:05 PM   #1305
Aquarium Advice Freak

That's a lot of $$ you've spent on this little fish! But it's worth it as long as he is happy and fat, isn't it? Is there any reason you don't feed him emerald entree only if he doesn't like anything else? Oh btw, is it a he or a she??
I'll be waiting for that pic with his fin!

When I set up my big tank (whenever that happens!) I'm gonna try a mandarin - of course not before the tank matures enough!
Are you still considering one for your 125g?
Old 05-18-2011, 08:09 PM   #1306
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The emerald entree isnt' very high protein, its like 6.2% or something like that. I;d like to try baby mysis but can only find it online and I'm not overnighting fish food. lol

Yeah, I think I'm gonna go for an ORA mandarin. My LFS has them for $40. I'm hoping to get a refugium sump for the big tank, so I'll take everything outta the pod tank and put it in there. Not sure how long I'll wait but I think it will be a month or two at least.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #1307
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sounds like a good plan!
Old 05-18-2011, 08:51 PM   #1308
Aquarium Advice Addict

gah ive been outta the game for 2 weeks because of the downed app for those who don't know app is only way ii can acess. Carey update me whtd ii miss?
xxwolfpackof1xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:04 PM   #1309
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I got my gobies but one got lost after I put it on. :-(So I have 1 candycane, 1 citron goby,the scooter and a female oscellaris.

I also got a 125g thread going. Reef tank. woot!
Old 05-18-2011, 09:06 PM   #1310
Aquarium Advice Addict

125 woot so happy you got fish. are there any small cheepie fish i cold get tmrw?

xxwolfpackof1xx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bio, bio cube, build, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com