Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
It's been a month since I updated. Time sure flies!

Everyone is doing good in the tank, mandarin and scooter eating like pigs as usual. :-D Figured I'd take a few pictures since while I am sitting right next to the tank they are almost posing for me! lol

Water parameters have been stable and overall the tank is in good shape. Not exactly what I imagined it would be but still good enough. :) It's my "special needs" fowlr tank pretty much. I plan on moving the xenia over to the 55g and selling it off with that setup to finally get rid of it! It's a plague I tell you! HEHE....

Beautiful tank! It really is, I really like the rockscape! (y)

Since Mandy is up and well again i figured I'd take a video or two of the 29g cube. :-D

Was trying to get a clear shot of her little pot belly but she wasnt cooperating.

Now, this is a bad example of a clean tank so be warned, tomorrow is the day to clean it so it's quite messy. It's only a minute or so long and no carey commentary this time LOL

http://youtu.be/b0j47_BdV_A

Love it! This tank looks awesome, I love the fish in it! I can't wait until I can get Mandy JR. for my 125g, lol.

hehe...I'm overstocked no doubt in the cube lol. it's got the two clowns, a citron goby, firefish, a ywg,(who is white now), the scooter and mandy.

I'm gathering items for the 60g cube build so hopefully I can start that soon and give these guys some more swim room. :-D I have the lights, rock,heater and return pump so far. I'm having a hard time with the sump for it, the cabinet is only 23 inches wide and the only thing I can find is a 15g high. :-( Also not sure about the skimmer, was gonna play skimmer switcheroo between all the tanks. LOL

I need to start a build thread for this 60g soon. I have so many ideas I havent bounced off of anyone yet really.

hehe...I'm overstocked no doubt in the cube lol. it's got the two clowns, a citron goby, firefish, a ywg,(who is white now), the scooter and mandy.

I'm gathering items for the 60g cube build so hopefully I can start that soon and give these guys some more swim room. :-D I have the lights, rock,heater and return pump so far. I'm having a hard time with the sump for it, the cabinet is only 23 inches wide and the only thing I can find is a 15g high. :-( Also not sure about the skimmer, was gonna play skimmer switcheroo between all the tanks. LOL

I need to start a build thread for this 60g soon. I have so many ideas I havent bounced off of anyone yet really.

I would love to see a build thread for the 60g (as you know, I love build threads, lol). I think a 15g would probably be good enough, but then again I don't know that much about equipment. You are normally the person I go to for sump help, :lol:.

Nice stock by the way!

Thanks! :-D

I'll probably start a new thread for the 60g this week, I'm hoping to get some more stuff for it. I'm also planning on going with a vortech so thats gonna eat up my budget and make the build a tad bit slower. lol

carey said:
Thanks! :-D

I'll probably start a new thread for the 60g this week, I'm hoping to get some more stuff for it. I'm also planning on going with a vortech so thats gonna eat up my budget and make the build a tad bit slower. lol

Awesome, can't wait! :-D

If you put your hand in the tank like a platform, will Mandy come and sit on it? I have seen some people do that with their Blennies.

LOL. I can't say I've ever tried. All the fish generally hide when I'm messing in the water. In the 125g though when i add the seaweed sheets the chormis are all about seeing what I'm doing, but the rest all run away.

I saw the neatest thing today- nano clowns. they were maybe a 1/4 inch, they were swimming through the holes in the holding tanks. he said they were just really young but they were adorable. Tank bred and beautiful fish, only $18 a piece, I soo wanted to get a pair.

carey said:
LOL. I can't say I've ever tried. All the fish generally hide when I'm messing in the water. In the 125g though when i add the seaweed sheets the chormis are all about seeing what I'm doing, but the rest all run away.

I saw the neatest thing today- nano clowns. they were maybe a 1/4 inch, they were swimming through the holes in the holding tanks. he said they were just really young but they were adorable. Tank bred and beautiful fish, only $18 a piece, I soo wanted to get a pair.

Oh my gosh! That sounds really awesome. I have never seen Clowns that small before, I bet they were super cute!

I'm not even sure they should have been for sale, they were so small. ethically i'm on the fence with this. Actually have given it alot of thought too tonight. Was gonna make a thread on that question....lol like when is a fish too small to sell?

Yep, I know what you are talking about. When I was in Petco a few weeks ago, they had "Baby Bettas", which were pretty small. I was pretty surprised that they would sell them at such a young age, but it is Petco we are taking about, lol.

Back
Top Bottom