Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #1391
Aquarium Advice Addict

but youd never see the manderin :p ilove playib devils advocate

xxwolfpackof1xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #1392
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I can also add that the 55g has alot of pods in it. See, makes it even more mandarin friendly. BUT $500 is alot of money....Plus I'd have to buy new rock for the 55g since I emptied most of it into the 125g.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #1393
Aquarium Advice Activist

I see my mandarin in the 180. Not all the time mind you, but at least daily. She is a pretty fish I agree, but not even close to my favorite.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #1394
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandJ View Post
I see my mandarin in the 180. Not all the time mind you, but at least daily. She is a pretty fish I agree, but not even close to my favorite.

I wouldnt mind seeing the fish at least once a day.

What is your favorite fish if not the mandarin?
Old 06-06-2011, 12:18 PM   #1395
Aquarium Advice Activist

My blue spotted jawfish has crazy amounts of personality. Love to watch him watching the rest of the tank. He is also sometimes the biggest pain.
Also my Midas blenny bc I love her colors and the way she swims. And of course the clowns and my blue spotted goby because they will come eat out of my hand.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #1396
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

LOL, sounds like you have no favorites, you like them all. hehe....I feel the same way I guess, I love my clowns to death, my blenny is full of personality, Bob the seahare cause he is sooo cool....and of course my tang, she's my first tang so I think she'll hold a special place in my heart.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #1397
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandJ View Post

Yah I agree, I only see the one in our large tank about once or twice a day. I think they are better in nanos, I love my mandarin in my nano. Plus I find it easier to spot feed her in a smaller tank. It sucks not many people can be successful with them in nanos though.
0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:09 PM   #1398
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Do you think it would be too much for my cube? Having the mandarin and the scooter? The scooter is totally on prepared foods now and is getting a bit chunky in fact.

I will be adding the media basket and fuge mod to the cube as soon as I get around to it. Just need a fuge light. I hate to spend the $50 on that stupid magnetic one...are there any alternatives?
Old 06-06-2011, 01:14 PM   #1399
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'd say go for it, they are both slow eaters so I think they would both get equal amounts of pods and if the mandarin was on prepared it would be fine. There will be a lot of people who disagree of course but I've just had such luck with all my mandarins I guess lol. I am going to re-home my wrasse in my nano to a friend actually, he is such a fast eater and I think he is out eating the mandarin for pods. The mandarin was looking a bit skinny so I have been feeding her daily sometimes even twice a day instead of every other day to keep her plump.

Oh and I don't know of any good fuge lights sorry, all I use is like reading lamps haha you could look into getting a clip on one? I don't know what you will be growing though.
0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:32 PM   #1400
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

My citron is an unusually slow eater as well. The clowns, well, you know how they are. I have the scooter and gang eating on the left side of the tank, I squirt food down through a turkey baster. I feed twice a day, 1/4 cube each time.

I'm really tempted to get the ORA mandarin now, LOL. I just have to re-home the sand perch I guess. The candycane is going into the Pico that I'm sitting here patiently waiting for.

I just wanted to grow some chaeto, maybe get my pod population back up. The only light I've found is this one
JBJ NANO Glo 4 LED Refugium Light - AquaCave

I am keeping the stock hood so I cant do a clip on light.

Tags
bio, bio cube, build, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com