Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-10-2011, 03:12 PM   #1571
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So for an update. Because the clowns were harassing this new goby to death almost I made a judgement call and moved the clowns back into the 125g.

And now, wouldnt' you know it, I can't find the watchman in the cube. :-(

I've moved and picked up every rock to no avail. He's not in the filter compartments, at least as far as I can see. that's the 2nd fish that has gone missing with no resolution. I'm hoping this guy shows up though, maybe he's burrowed in somewhere.

My mandarin is supposedly in but I'm gonna have the fish store hold him for a week or two since my qt isn't up yet. He also has my blue reef chromis but I can't pick them up until I get my QT rolling. I guess if he holds my fish long enough for me Ishould be ok. Least I'm hoping. lol

Back to the cube to see if I can find him again.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #1572
Aquarium Advice Freak

He must be hiding, Carey. Maybe he dug himself a nice homey burrow under a rock and decided to wait out the "sandstorm"

1Vampiregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #1573
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

It was brutal, these cute little clownfish were so nasty to the YWG, I'm starting to think maybe the clowns should be rehomed. Every tank I put them in theybully the fish. Although now that they are in the 125g they havent bothered anyone, not a surprise since theres only a gob, blenny and a yellow tang in there. lol
Old 07-10-2011, 04:04 PM   #1574
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
It was brutal, these cute little clownfish were so nasty to the YWG, I'm starting to think maybe the clowns should be rehomed. Every tank I put them in theybully the fish. Although now that they are in the 125g they havent bothered anyone, not a surprise since theres only a gob, blenny and a yellow tang in there. lol
Wow, I didn't know they could be so mean...
I was planning to add my clown the last but then I saw picassos and you know what happened next lol. Now I'm nervous.
What kind are those clowns, Carey?

Btw, how's the scooter?
Old 07-10-2011, 04:06 PM   #1575
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Scooter is doing fine, thanks for asking. he is eating pods again though so hopefully he wont revert totally back.

I have the issue with my regular old orange oscellaris's. I got them cause they were misbars and really cheap lol. I kinda regret it now but I'm trying to work around their aggression. They are after all a damsel fish and we all know how they are.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #1576
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Last picture I have of the YWG, he grabbed a huge piece of mysis shrimp that couldnt even fit in his mouth. I really hope he turns out to be fine. I worry way too much I know. lol

Old 07-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #1577

Maybe you could split the clowns up? (total newb salt newb... Don't be mean! Lol)
Old 07-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #1578
Aquarium Advice Addict

The mandarin is the one fish that does not really need to be quarantined, it would be good to get him good and fat though since quarantining makes it really easy to target feed (this won't be hard to do in your nano though either probably). The mandarin has a protective slime coating which makes it very resistant to disease.
0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #1579
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Last picture I have of the YWG, he grabbed a huge piece of mysis shrimp that couldnt even fit in his mouth. I really hope he turns out to be fine. I worry way too much I know. lol
That's so cute! I think he grabbed a piece that big 'coz he was afraid that nassarius snail would get it first.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #1580
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Woot! So two weeks on hold and eating and getting fat should be a good enough qt? I would prefer the lFS get him fattened up for me, plus I can be sure he will take prepared foods.

Thats the plan anyways. lol

Mandarins can still get ich though right? Not that I'm gonna put him another tank but just wondering.....

Tags
bio, bio cube, build, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com